Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mar 9

I re-learned why you have to watch a three year old all the time. We were having fun playing with some blocks. I was building a bridge and my granddaughter was knocking it down. After a while, we were interrupted by Burger King. I had my daughter to pick up dinner because I worked late and my wife was doing laundry and neither of us wanted to cook. After eating, my granddaughter decided she wanted to watch cartoons. That was fine, we have a TV just off the living room. So, I set up the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on in that room and I turned on American Idol in the living room. Everything was going normally when all of a sudden it became very quiet in the other room. Checking on my granddaughter I saw her holding up her hands and looking at them. When I went into the other room, I saw that she was covered in some type of Vaseline-like gunk. Yes, it was hard to not laugh. Her hair was slicked back and it was all over her clothes and arms. I asked her what she was doing and she held up an almost empty container. She said that she just used a little bit and when I asked her if she put it in her hair, she said no with the best poker face I’ve ever seen.
I was going to drop her off at her house on the way to work, but my wife had to give her a bath which made us run a little late. So, I carried her downstairs and we found out that our new car had a flat tire. There wasn’t time to change it before I had to go to work, so my wife dropped me off so she could take the baby home. Now, we have to switch cars in the morning because I get off at six and she starts at seven. Well, at least we found out about the tire tonight and weren’t surprised by it in the morning.
The Rockies are still kicking butt. They are 7-5 in Spring Training. I know it doesn’t count, but it’s still fun to watch. I didn’t get to see the replay of today’s game, but they did win. So far, they have only broadcast the first spring training game. It would be nice if they showed them all, but at least they are recapping them in ‘Squeeze Play’. It’s an hour long recap of the highlights. It’s better than nothing. Still, I’m anxious for the season to start.
It looks like I’m putting up Farmville. A couple of things happened. I’ve been playing it so much that I’ve been doing almost nothing else. I’ve even fallen behind on my blog. I was posting new blogs every workday. But, lately, there have been large week long gaps. I’m so disgusted with myself. Yesterday, I checked my email and found one from Smashwords. It seems that they were having a week long ebook day. If I chose, I could have discounted my books and they would have been submitted in a special catalog for this week. They have done this a few times and in each case, they have received a huge turnout producing sales that wouldn’t normally have occurred. Of course I missed the deadline to get my books added to the catalog and the week is nearly over. So, I missed out on that. Then, today while I was trying to sleep, I kept dreaming about a new Great Detective book. I couldn’t get it out of my head. So, starting today, I’m going back to writing. I might play Farmville on the weekends or when I’m at home before I go to sleep or maybe right when I wake up. But, I’m not going to play it to the exclusion of everything else anymore. Stepping back, I can’t believe that I let it take over my life like that.
So, I’m going to work on a sequel to the Great Detective today. I had a bunch of great ideas this morning and I need to get them down before I forget. I’m putting Ratt, Scorpions, and White Lion in the playlist for background music and it’s time to get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment