Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mar 17

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!
The new guy called out today, so I had to cover half of his shift. (But, he got into an accident and wrecked his brand new car, so we’ll cut him some slack) It was only another four hours, but it threw off my sleeping pattern. I got home about eleven this morning, got something to eat, harvested my crops on Farmville, (I’m in a co-op and needed to get them done so we can get the gold ribbon. I know one of the PRIORITIES), then, I headed off to bed. I was supposed to wake up at four to harvest my wife’s crops. (We’re in the co-op together) I didn’t set the alarm, because I wasn’t really sure I wanted to get up and actually do it. But, I was thinking about it and thinking about it and right at four, I woke up. It only took a few minutes to complete and then I went back to bed. About an hour later, she called to remind me to do it. Again, I tried going back to sleep after assuring her it was all done. But, my daughter came home and decided she couldn’t hear the TV unless it was turned all the way up. It’s all the Marine Corps fault. Ever since boot camp, I wake up if a light is turned on or if a door is opened. With the TV on, I didn’t stand a chance of getting back to sleep. So, I got up. I’ll be hurting at about three in the morning tonight, but I can always sleep tomorrow.
I’m not sure if it was the lack of sleep today, but I missed the turn off to get to 7-11 on the way to work today. I’m going with someone moving the street on me because I take that street every single day. I like 7-11. I get a double big gulp of ice tea every day before work. I can stretch it to last the entire day and the refills only cost a dollar seven after taxes. It’s a good deal. It also gives me an excuse to go to the store and get lottery tickets. I didn’t win yesterday, but I’m determined to win one of these days.
It’s 14-7 in Spring Training. We had a big loss today against the White Sox. Our Ace Ubaldo hadn’t allowed a run in his last three games. But, he gave up seven today. It was a tough loss, but that’s what spring training is for. He is still a great pitcher. He was just having an off day. He is human after all. He can’t always be perfect. Since today is the 17th, that means there are only fourteen more days until the Regular Season. I’m on pins and needles.
One of the best thing about having young nieces and nephews is that the school they go to has a deal with Coors Field. Every year, they offer the kids dollar tickets for a Rockies game. (Yes, I take advantage and clean up) They got the ticket request form today. It is already filled out and packed back into their backpacks ready to turn in. The game isn’t for about a month, but that’s at least one game that I’m going to. I’ve squirreled away some money for several more games throughout the season. With how good they’re doing in training, we should have a great year. I’m not speculating anymore, because I don’t want to jinx them.
My eldest daughter came home from her army training. She ran five miles today plus her regular workout. I can’t believe how good she’s doing. She became a squad leader today and as soon as my wife fills out the paperwork for her bank account, she will start drilling with the soldiers already in the Army. She’s really excited.
Well, this is getting too long. I’m putting Styx, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, and Boston in the playlist today and I better get to work.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment