Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mar 03

Well, we lost today against San Francisco. That brings the Rockies to 3-2. Our other loss was against San Diego. We’re going to have a tough division this year. It wasn’t a good day for pitcher Jorge De Larosa. He’s a really good pitcher, don’t get me wrong. But, he did have an off day today. Ubaldo was supposed to start today, but he got hurt and will start next week. We’re still over five hundred and it’s still Spring Training, so we’re ok. At least it’s baseball. The only game that they televised so far was the first one. I was able to see that one. For all of the rest, they are just showing a recap of the game. It’s better than nothing and we get to see how the players are doing. My wife was talking to me about sneaking down to Arizona over the weekend to catch a little pre-season action. I’m not sure when we’ll be able to do it, but I’m up for the drive. And with three paydays this month, we can even afford it. I’m going to have to check out the game schedule and see who they’re playing and which days will be good for us. It can’t be this weekend. Tomorrow, the girls have their military ball so if we go, it will have to be next weekend or the one after that. I’ll let you know.
The girls are upstairs right now working on their finger and toenails. Everything else is ready. They have their dresses and stuff. I think they’re taking the day off of school so they can get their hair done or something like that. My wife is getting off early so that she can help them and take them out to eat before the dance. She’ll get a bunch of pictures. I won’t be able to see them off. I am back to my regular schedule and go in at two tomorrow. So, once again I’m missing everything because of work. But, I’m off for the whole weekend. And, we are going to do something fun.
It’s also time to do the taxes. Like the rest of the nation, I’m not looking forward to it. I was really worried about this year. The kids moved out in October and I knew that they were going to try filing by themselves. We’ve been using the baby to bring us into the positive column for the last few years. So, instead of doing it themselves, they went to one of the tax places and found out that they didn’t make enough money in those three months that they were on their own to qualify for the child credit for the baby. So, they didn’t file with them and they are going to let us claim everyone again. So, it should work out for us. We’ll give them half of whatever we get so everyone wins.
I put on some Pink Floyd, April Wine, and Dire Straits in the playlist for background music and I’m going to try to get some writing done today. It’s been so long I hope I remember how.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment