Monday, March 21, 2011

Mar 21

The game today was rained out, but the Rockies still got five runs in less than three innings. They were playing the Giants today and they were up against their Ace pitcher. Yep, 5-0 in the third before the rain. The Rockies started their likely starting lineup today, and everyone looked good. Ian Stewart even played and looked good after being hurt in the first part of Training. This game was much better than Sunday’s game. It was televised, so I was able to watch most of it. We were doing great during the first part. We were up six to nothing, but the Angels came back to tie us. Tulo banged in two homers and Helton got in a couple of good knocks. The game ended in a tie. It was exciting. So, I think it’s time to start the countdown. There are only eleven days left until Opening Day and today is almost over.
It’s nice having the girls old enough to go out and do their thing. The wife and I took advantage of a Saturday night alone. We went to the movies and saw the Fighter. She loved it and I thought it sucked. So, I can’t give any recommendations unless its girls will like it and guys will hate it. I mean, even the fighting scenes were bad. The whole time Mark Wahlberg was in the ring, all he did was cover himself up while the opponent banged the crap out of him. Then, when the guy got tired, Wahlberg would hit him once or twice and the other boxer would go down. (Did someone say Rocky) Anyway, the side story was about his family and his drug addicted brother. The good news that came out of all this was that I was so disappointed with that movie I had to go see another one to make up for the bad experience. I went to see Battlefield Los Angeles. It was a much better movie. There was a ton of action. They could have shown more of the aliens, but it was a story about the Marines. (OH-RAH) I highly recommend this one. I don’t want to spoil the movie, so I won’t tell you what happens, but it is defiantly worth a viewing.
I picked up a virus on the computer this weekend and I can’t even blame it on the kids. I was going to change the background and I was looking through images of super heroes. (Yes, I’m a comic book nerd still) I found some real good ones, but I had to go for one more. It was an Elfquest picture of the original characters. (I have the original black and white magazine sized issues, yeah buddy) But, when I clicked on the image, I pulled up a system tool virus. It was a nasty one and it took me about an hour to get rid of it. The system tool virus is one that pretends to be a virus checker. The virus disables your regedit and task manager and stuff to make it hard to get rid of it. So, I had to reboot about a dozen times before I could kill the process and get rid of it. (Pain in the butt)
I’m putting some Foreigner, Genesis, and Duran Duran in the playlist today. I have to check my guys in Farmville because I have them in a co-op, but then I’m going to work on The River of Magic. The Great Detective and My Private Dance have both stalled for some reason. But, I was thinking about the River this morning. I’ll get it started and see where it goes from there.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment