Monday, March 14, 2011

Mar 14

Well, it was hot girl day at the DMV. Unfortunately I went there with my wife to get our plates for the new car. Every time I turned around, there was a new one. And, every time I glanced over at my wife, she was watching me as if to see if I was looking at them. I had to be very sneaky. Like usual, when we arrived, I pulled tab number 260 and they were on number 221 and there weren’t any open chairs. It wasn’t until around number 240 that I managed to get us seats, but we were surrounded by hot women from the moment we walked in. Had I gone alone, it would have been ugly dude day.
When we finally got up to the window, we learned that the car dealership hadn’t even submitted the paperwork for the new car and we couldn’t get the plates. We were forced to get an extension because out temp was already outdated. I much prefer the Arizona way of buying cars better. The car dealership fills out all of the paperwork and the DMV just mails you the plates. I mean you fill out enough paperwork at the dealership, what’s a few more pages. It saves a loooooot of time by not having to go to the DMV. At least we can do the tag renewal on the other cars over the internet because they’re coming due in a few months.
On Saturday, the girls had a drill competition for JROTC. It went really well. The girls looked good and they won four trophies. Two of them were even for first place in the various competitions. Last year, they only won one trophy. They are going to have another competition at the coliseum next month. It’s a more important one because there will be schools from all over the state competing. I’m sure they’ll do as well or even better.
We brought the baby with us to the competition. Most of the time she wanted to play with the other kids, but while they were marching, she would pretend to march and call out left right left. It was very cute. While we were inside and the schools were doing the silent drills, she would watch as they preformed and assured us that she could do all of that. She wanted to go out onto the basketball court and show us, but he kept her in the stands. (We bribed her with candy. We’re such good grandparents) My youngest daughter’s school mentor came out to sit with us and some family, but not as many people turned out for this meet as they did last year.
We had a good weekend this weekend. We saw a movie at the Elvis Theater. (It’s the cheap theater.) They don’t have the newest movies, but they aren’t real old either. We saw Meet the Fockers and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. They were both pretty good. I hadn’t seen a movie in so long it’s not even funny. We got popcorn and the works. It was a good day.
It’s Monday, so I spent the day with my mom. We’re going to try to organize a family get together at Chuck E Cheese for the beginning of next month. My wife is a good organizer and she’ll do most of the work. But, since it’s at a place and not a park, there shouldn’t be too much involved except getting everyone there. (That’s always the hard part)
Well, I better get to work. I’m putting in Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, and Elton John in the playlist tonight for background music and I’m going to continue working on the Great Detective sequel. I finished the last book’s answer and I’m halfway through the first chapter. So, I should finish it and start on chapter two today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment