Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feb 26

Life is good again. Rockies baseball kicked off today for the new season. (Or officially spring training, but that doesn’t matter, it is still baseball) The Rockies played the Diamondbacks down in their new spring training facility. It was the first ever game there. It was the first MLB game on Indian land. It was the first MLB game on Indian land that went into extra innings. It was quite a day for firsts. The Rockies looked really good. The pitching was good. The players looked good. We were leading throughout the whole game until the ninth inning. It was 7 – 2 when the ninth inning came around. It looked like we were going to get three outs and put a W in the books when we had a small string of mishaps. There was an overthrow at first and a three run homer. It made the game a little more interesting when they tied us. The announcers didn’t think they were going to play a tenth, but luckily they did. I think they were as hungry for some baseball as the rest of us. Anyway, Blackwell came up on our side and hit a single homer to win the game. The other side attempted another comeback, but we stopped them with some solid defense. Overall, it was a great game. We play again tomorrow, but it sounds like it isn’t going to be televised. The announcer said something about shortening the game for TV. That sounds like they’re going to play the game and then just hit the highlights. If they don’t show it, I’ll try to wake up and listen to it on the radio.
The baby came over today. With all of the overtime I’ve been working, it feels like I haven’t seen her for a month. I was asleep in the room when she came over and I could hear her talking to my wife asking when it was time to wake grandpa up. So, I got up and went out to play with her for a little while. She had just gotten home from a birthday party and my wife had bought her a toy when they went to get the present for the birthday kid. It was a little pretend medical bag. It had a stethoscope, a syringe, and a blood pressure pump. We played doctor for a while and then she wanted to build houses with the Jenga blocks. It was fun. But, they called my wife in to work the graveyard shift across the street. So, we are both working overnight and she couldn’t stay over. We’ll just have to pick her up again tomorrow.
I’m only working an eight hour shift tonight, so I’m going to try to get some work done. I’m still up in the air about which one I’m going to do the most work on. I thought I was set, but then I had another idea today and I’m not sure if I want to incorporate it into one of the books I’m working on or make it a title all its own. We’ll see how it goes tonight.
I’m putting some Simon and Garfunkel, Doobie Brothers, and Bob Seger into the playlist for a little background music. I’m trying to expand on my Farmville and I just need a little under one hundred thousand gold coins, so I’m going to see what I can do to reaching my goal before I do anything else. But, I’m not staying on there all night. I’ve been good about only spending an hour or so on it lately. Then, it’s back to work.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment