Friday, October 8, 2010

Oct 8

It is finished. I mistakenly said that I was working on chapter 43 the other day. It was really 44. I finished 46 just now and it looks good. I had originally planned on having a 47th chapter, but it didn’t work out like that. Now, I have to go back and reread the whole thing to make sure that there weren’t any spelling or grammatical mistakes. I might add a little here or there, or take out something depending on if it was necessary or not. But, that should take about a week or two. Then, it’s off to the editor. That will be another week. Then I’ll send it off for rejection to the agents. It’s a book number 2, so there is already a strike against it. Most agents will want the first book if anything. So, I’ll only send it out to a few of them. If they like it, I can send them ‘It Begins’ if they want. I will start reading on Monday. So, today and this weekend I will go over the Great Detective and see where I stand with it. I have been adding a little too it here and there. I think I’m on chapter 17 or 19.
My wife is going out to take her mom to visit her brother on Saturday. That’s the day I have to start moving things into storage. See how she skates out of work. It’s ok. I also volunteered to work a few hours in the morning. There is a Columbus Day parade that is going to pass right by the office building that morning, so I get to see a parade while I’m working.
Someone won the Powerball this last drawing. I haven’t checked my tickets yet, so I’m still imagining that I’m the winner. I’ve already spent it about a hundred times in my head. It would be much nicer to be able to spend it for real. Could you imagine what it would be like to not have to worry about spending nearly all of your paycheck paying bills? You could do whatever you wanted. I know the first thing I would do after paying off everything I owe would be to quit my job and buy me a couple houses. I would get one here in Denver and another in California and Arizona. Then, I would take a month or two off. Then have the best Christmas in the world. Then, I would take a trip to somewhere exotic. I would share the wealth and everything, but I would spend the next year traveling around just seeing stuff. Ok, as soon as I finish this, I’m going to check my tickets.
The family is doing ok. Nothing earth shattering has happened in the last few days. The girls are still in school and doing well. My son is still preparing to move out on the 15th. Our living room is full of packed boxes and it’s getting hard to move around. But, after the kids move out and we get our stuff in storage it will be back to normal for about two weeks. Then we move out.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment