Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct 26

When my wife is at her mom’s house and she says that it’s time to go, the last thing that you want to do is get up. If you do, then you have to find an excuse on why you got up. The easiest one is to excuse yourself so that you can go use the restroom. Or, you can move over next to one of the kids that are always running around so that you can play with them and have something to do. The reasoning behind this is that when my wife says that it is time to go, even if we’re in a hurry, it means that there is still at least another hour or two before she is actually ready to go. I’ve made the mistake of waiting in the car when my wife has said that I just have to drop off something and I’ll be right back. Yep, the last time that she said that, as soon as she went inside I went to a movie. It was a boring movie, so I snuck into another theater and watched another movie. By the time I got back, she still wasn’t ready to leave. We were at her mom’s house today. We were in a hurry. We were just dropping something off and picking up one of the kids. We went inside and they started talking and talking and talking. They’re not speaking English, so I have no idea what they are talking about. But, when my daughter saw that they were sitting at the kitchen table going at it, she went into one of the bedrooms and took a nap. When I say nap, I really mean she got her entire night’s sleep. I have no doubt that we would still be there if I hadn’t physically pick her up and throw her over my shoulder and drag her out to the car. That was when she picked up her cell phone and called her mom so that they could talk the entire way home.
We went and bought beds today. We went and checked the stores on Furniture Row. They had some moderately good deals until we asked if the mattresses were included. The name of the store had the word bed in the title. The only thing they sold there were beds and bedroom accessories. How can a bed store sell beds when mattresses aren’t included? I asked how much the mattresses were and they said that they didn’t sell mattresses. They only sold the frames. Needless to say, we didn’t buy any. We went to a place where everything was included. In fact, we bought three beds for the price of one out on Furniture Row.
The Girls are off for the next three days. Back when I was in school I remember having a spring break, but now they have a fall break as well. I thought that having the next three days off was kind of convenient. We’re moving and have to be out by the end of the month. We’re mostly moved out and there is only the bare minimum back at the old place. Having them around during the day would make cleaning and moving the last of the stuff very easy. As soon as we mentioned it to the kids, they suddenly had plans for the whole five day weekend. But, little do they know that I’m the boss. I’m going to make sure that they put in some elbow grease. After all, they helped mess the place up they should have to help clean it up. I know that they are reading this right now and laughing hysterically, but we’ll see what happens before Monday November first.
I’m finished with the re-reading stage. I’m printing Kidnapped out today and sending it off to the editors tomorrow. We should have results back in about a week or so. I didn’t find any real mistakes. I did fix a continuity error, but it is looking good. It should be on the shelves by the middle of November. I’m putting the radio on in the background because I just can’t decide on what I want to listen to tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment