Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oct 28

I am soooooo tired. From the moment I got up, I’ve been loading the truck and unloading it at the storage place. I thought that we had a minimal amount of furniture. We gave a bunch of it to my son when he moved out. But, it still took me all day to move it all to storage. We seemed to have more bookcases and computer desks than anything else. At least most of it is done. We have some furniture we’re moving into our new place, but it is only temporary so we’re not putting everything in there. (Besides, it is up stairs, and not just up stairs, it is UP STAIRS.) We probably have about two or three truck loads to bring up there, and yes I’m going to be the one hauling everything up all of those stairs. But, I get kind of a break tomorrow. The boss called me in to work some overtime, so I won’t have time to do anything tomorrow. So, it’s Saturday or bust. At least the kids came over and helped today. They did a great job cleaning up and even helping me load a little.
I started The Great Detective yesterday. It’s a fun little book that shouldn’t take too long to write. I’m already a third of the way through it. I sent Kidnapped off to the editor, so I won’t hear anything about it until next week or maybe even the week after. Its part two of a series, so the chances of getting it published are very slim. I’ll still send it out to a couple of places, but it should go straight to self publishing right away.
The Giants clobbered the Rangers again today. Game two is in the books. I didn’t get to see the whole thing, but I did get to see the seventh inning where they made seven runs. It was great, 9-0. The pitching was the key to the game, only it wasn’t the Giant’s pitching. In the Seventh, I think they went through four pitchers and one of them walked the bases loaded and then walked a run in. I’ve only been able to see a Ranger’s game while they were playing against the Yankees. I thought that they would have put up a better showing. We’ll see when they talk the game to Texas. Maybe they’ll rally and make a series out of it.
Well, it’s time to get going. I’m putting in some Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Motley Crue, and Twisted Sister into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment