Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oct 13

This is going to be a short one. Not a whole lot has been going on. I’ve started going over Kidnapped. There haven’t been a lot of spelling or grammatical errors, but I found a few continuity problems. Mostly, they were in the seventh chapter. There was also something that I didn’t like, so I am going to cut it out today. Other than that, everything is going according to schedule.
At work, our company is losing its contract. But, the new company that is coming in is going to hire everyone and just convert us over. It looks like we’re going to get a raise out of it and some better benefits. I went through one of these before. I was working as a contractor for a big investment company. (I was working for Matlen Silver, but I was working at Merrill Lynch.) I was there for three years when it started. As the year progressed, before I was hired on permanently by the company, they had other companies come in and try taking over the systems department. At the end of that year, Merrill was paying my contract to At&t, they were paying it to Cyber, they were paying it to Matlen Silver, and they were paying me. It was very confusing, but at least I was getting paid.
The kids are all doing very well. Everyone is still in school. My oldest is having her birthday tomorrow. She will be eighteen. My son is moving out the day after. It’s going to be very quiet in the house without my granddaughter. We were playing today and she invented a new game where I turn her upside down and we make funny noises. It was very fun. My youngest daughter was sick today. She missed school and she still didn’t look too good before I left for work. We’ll see how she feels in the morning.
I’m putting Styx on in the background now, so it’s time to get to work.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment