Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oct 19

Well, it’s the top of the ninth and the Rangers are beating the Yankees ten to three. I’m going to work, but I think the game is in the bag. The Rangers are going to the World Series. I got a buddy that was giving me a hard time when the Rockies were eliminated. He’s a big Yankees fan, so it looks like he’s going to get it tomorrow.
My son called this morning. It’s October, and it is starting to get cold, but no one wants to put their heaters on yet. So, he asked if he could have some blankets for his new apartment. My wife told him sure, so he asked if we could bring them over. I know that he’s my kid and all and I’ll let him have whatever he wants. But, he is the one wanting the blankets they’re the ones that are cold, they should be the one to come and get them. All right, enough complaining. They’re getting their place looking pretty nice now. The baby still has a lot of toys, but I’m sure that they’ll teach her how to pick them all up sooner or later.
The girls are getting ready to go to their homecoming dance. It’s Friday. To me, that sounds a little early, but I haven’t been in high school for twenty five years or so, so what do I know. My eldest also has to get her pictures taken for the school yearbook. When I was in school, they did it right there at the school. Now, we have to set up an appointment at a studio to have them taken. Then, she just gives the school a picture.
My granddaughter came over today. It was weird. All she wanted to do was watch Barney in the bedroom. I almost had to drag her out so that we could play. My wife was trying to teach her how to play a card game. She called it Fish, but it was really Concentration. My granddaughter was beginning to understand, but now when she wants to play, she calls it Fish. I tried to tell her that it was really called Concentration, but the game will stick before the correct name will.
I’m more than halfway through the re-read. I did change a bit on chapter 20 and now that I think about it, I’m going to have to go back and change an earlier chapter. But, that shouldn’t take too long. I’m putting some Scorpions in the playlist and getting started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment