Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oct 4

Well, we did it. I’m not a packrat, but I am a collector. Back when I was a kid, I collected comic books. When I was working on computers and making a bunch of money, I collected movies and DVDs. Throughout all of it I collected non-sports cards. Over the years, I’ve had to sell off some of my comics. I had nearly the entire series of X-men. I had #1, 94 and Giant Size #1. Those are the three biggies. I had a car wreck in New Jersey. It wasn’t my fault, but the insurance only paid off the car. I still needed a way to get back and forth to work. It was 55 miles each way. So, I sold off the entire X-men series to get a new car. Later on, I sold off almost all of my Spiderman comics for other things. I still have about ten thousand, but they’re in collector boxes and sitting in storage. Just the other day, my wife and I decided to downsize on space. We’re getting ready to buy a house, so we’re moving out of the apartment and into her mom’s upstairs. To make extra room, we figured we would throw out all of our DVD boxes and just keep the DVD disk. We have 1300 and we had them sitting out on bookshelves. But, those bookshelves take up a lot of space. Besides, if we kept them, I would have probably had to carry all of them upstairs and then move them again when we get our house. So, it’s finally done. I threw away all of the boxes and put all of the DVDs inside these really large CD notebooks. It only takes up one shelve of one bookcase. Much easier to manage. Even though they are very heavy and there are a lot of them, I’m not giving up my card collection. I’m going to put it in storage while we’re at her mom’s, but it is coming right back out when we get our house.
I finished chapter 43 yesterday. I’m going to start on 44 today. I put in a bunch of Pink Floyd on the playlist and it is time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment