Monday, October 4, 2010

Oct 4

Can I hold a grudge or what? I was watching football all day Sunday. The Broncos played the first game. They beat the Titans and put them at 2-2. It was a really good game. I think the Broncos are going to be much better than everyone is giving them credit for. They came very close to beating the Colts last week. Our defense has been great and no one gives him much credit, but Kyle Orton has been doing great. Our running game hasn’t been very good lately, so he’s made up for it by passing for over 800 yards in the last two games. Anyway, I watched the Redskins take on the Eagles. Since I used to live out in New Jersey, (five minutes from the Eagles stadium) I’m partial to the Eagles. I wasn’t voting for them yesterday, because I wanted to see how Shannahan’s team (The old Broncos coach) was going to do. He picked up McNabb as quarterback and they were playing back in Philly. They won, so I was having a really good day. Then, the Bears game came on. I have made it a habit to vote against them after Jay Cutler threw a fit and forced a trade. So, he got sacked nine times and couldn’t move the ball at all. By then, I was having a great football day. Cutler didn’t come back in the second half. They said that he got hurt. Since I got the chance to see him embarrassed and because I like football and don’t want to see anyone get hurt. I’ve decided to give up on my grudge. (It has been two years now.)
The Rockies didn’t finish well. They lost thirteen of their last fourteen games. I was really disappointed. We had that winning streak right before the losing streak that put us within spitting distance of both the division championship and the wild card. Before the losing streak, I was all set to buy tickets to the post season games and hopefully the World Series. It would have been nice. Now, I have to wait until next year. Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki were both in the top four for batting title. Carlos was number one. He had a .336 batting average and hit 34 homers. He stole 26 bases and had 117 RBIS. Next year, as long as they both stay healthy, we’re going to have a better season.
While I was watching sports all day, the wife took the kids and my granddaughter out to Chuck E. Cheese. They had a lot of fun and I had the whole house to myself. They won enough tickets to get the baby a new Barbie. They are moving out on the 15th of this month. It is going to be hard not having her (and them) around all the time. But, I’m going to volunteer to be their full time babysitter. And, it’s not like they’re moving to the moon or anything. They’ll just be ten minutes away.
My youngest made cookies today. That’s one of my weaknesses. They’re going to have to hide them from me, or I’m going to eat the whole batch. I already snuck some to bring to work. They never should have left me alone in the kitchen.
I’ve finished chapter 42 on Saturday. I’m starting 43 today. It’s almost done. I’m hoping to finish by the middle of next week. Then, I have to hurry up and finish the Great Detective. I want to have it done before Christmas because I’m sending everyone a full set as presents. So, I better get started. I just found a friend from the Marine Corps on Facebook today. Way back in the mid 80’s we went to a Bon Jovi and Cinderella concert. So, I’m putting them in the playlist to listen to in the background.
Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment