Friday, October 29, 2010

Oct 29

I usually work for night shifts and one day shift every week. I like that schedule, because it gives me two and a half days off. While on my day shift, I have the chance to interact with a lot of people. During that time, I talk to everyone. I’m not talking long conversations, but shot ‘how’s it going’ ones. There are a few people that I talk to regularly and some where the conversation extends on to the five minute mark. It was one of the medium conversationalists that stopped to talk to me. She set her bag down and I asked her about her weekend like I usually do, because my day shift is on a Friday. As she’s fixing whatever she was fixing in her purse, she tells me what she’s going to be doing and then she asks about my weekend. I told a little fib. My son moved out two weekends ago, but I told her that he moved out last weekend and this weekend it was my turn to move. I don’t think I can ever remember anyone stopping dead in their tracks before until then. She looked up at me and said. “Your son… Are you married?” I didn’t know it was a secret. I don’t wear a ring, but that it because my finger became bigger as I became older. Before I took it off, I had worn it somewhere between ten and fifteen years. My nineteen year anniversary is in a few days, by the way. When I did take it off, (Which took a lot of effort) it left a groove in my finger that didn’t go away for like six months. Anyway, I told her that I was and as she turned and stomped away, she said. “I can’t believe that I’ve been wasting all of this time.” She continued to mumble as she walked out the door, but I couldn’t hear the rest of it. I had no idea that she was flirting with me. So, if anyone ever wants to flirt with me in the future, you are defiantly going to have to hit me over the head with a brick, because I won’t catch on.
No baseball today, and the only thing that’s been happening at home is the move. But that’s not too exciting. There’s not too much you can say about putting things into a box and taping it up.
The Great Detective is a compilation of short stories all revolving around the Great Detective. Each chapter is a complete adventure. I was able to complete a whole chapter yesterday and my mind has been swimming around the next two. Since I’m working a shift and a half today, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I’m going to be able to finish both of those two chapters today. I’m putting on some Abba, Crystal Gayle, and Linda Ronstadt. I know, they’re all girls, I’ll throw in a few other girl one hit wonders. But, it’s time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment