Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oct 27

Well, we bought new beds yesterday and we picked them up today. We should have paid the total yesterday. We didn’t because we didn’t bring the truck. Originally, we were just pricing them. But, when we found the bargain we scooped them up. We put down half the money and told them that we would come pick them up this afternoon. Apparently, that was supposed to hold the beds for us. When we got there, they sold the box springs out from under us. They said that they thought that they had more in their inventory, but they were getting more in on Friday. Since we really didn’t need them today, we still have our old ones until Sunday it wasn’t that big of a deal. Unfortunately fate had a different plan. We must have been too understanding or something, because when we got to the new place, we were disappointed again because the cable that was set up that afternoon was all messed up. We have a lot of TV’s We are renting the apartment over my in-laws house and since we are putting cable in, we figured we would string it through their house as well so as not to have two cable bills. Actually, they had Direct TV. They canceled it and Direct TV is charging them to turn in the equipment. Can you believe that, they can’t just drop it off, they send you specific boxes and you have to pay to ship it back. And they say that they have the best customer care, yeah right. But, Comcast is giving them a run for their money. Our kids were there to tell the installer where to put the boxes and everything. We were scheduled to have six. The kids are eighteen and twenty one. They’re not idiots and they know what was supposed to happen. They’ve been there during an install before. The guy that came said that he wasn’t here to install anything. There wouldn’t have been any other reason for him to be there, so he said that he would take care of it. He didn’t have six boxes to put in, so he only installed four and the internet. When the kids called my wife, she called and set up another installation for the other two. When we got there after picking up most of the beds, we found that he just set up the boxes and left them there. He didn’t connect them to the TVs or put the connections where we told the kids to have him set them up. So, we had to call back. This time, we weren’t so understanding. They put my wife on hold for nearly twenty minutes and finally told her that they would have someone call her back so that they could take her complaint. So far, they haven’t called back. I feel very sorry for the person that does call back. I know my wife and she is going to unload on him. So, I spent an hour re-wiring everything. Luckily I’m a computer guy and I have experience running wires.
We took the baby with us most of the day as we were getting things done. She is getting cuter and cuter by the day. We were talking about what we were going to pick up to eat. We’ve been eating out a lot lately because most everything is packed. Usually it is hamburgers, but when I suggested it today, she said that she didn’t want hamburgers because she had them lasterday. I know it’s not hilarious, but it was kind of funny. We ended up getting Popeye’s chicken. It was pretty good. When we got home, my son and I moved the washer and dryer to his new place. It is getting emptier and emptier. We were going to move a bunch of stuff into storage today, but game one of the World Series is also on today. I didn’t get to see the ending, but the Giants were spanking Texas eleven to four. I’m pretty sure that they are going to win. My granddaughter wanted to watch it with us, we were packing and watching at the same time, but since Giambi and the Rockies weren’t playing she didn’t want to see it. Every time a game comes on, she asks if Giambi is going to play. He’s her favorite player. She knows all of the players on the Rockies team, but she’ll stop everything to see Giambi hit. Hopefully he will be back next year and they have a better season.
I’ve sent Kidnapped off to the editor, so it’s time to start the Great Detective. I think I’m going to go over what I have first before I start a new chapter. It’s been a while since I’ve done anything with it and I don’t want to lose or forget anything. I put in some Eagles, ELO, and Queen in the playlist so it’s time to get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment