Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29

All right, I’m going to be mean for a minute. A catcher should be able to catch. Now that I got that out of my system, I’m sad to announce that the Rockies lost today. It was a very good game. We were tied at 2 and we had our chances. In the bottom of the eighth, we had the bases loaded with only one out. Then, Wiggy hit into a double play. We were so close. Then, in the bottom of the ninth, our closer Huston Street gave up two singles to start the inning. He struck out the next guy and they had runners on first and third. The next batter was about to strike out, but he got a lucky shot out into right field. Seth Smith caught the ball and fired it back in to home plate. The throw was right on. They had at least four or five steps on the base runner. It should have been an easy out. But Chris Iannetta, our catcher, missed the ball. The run scored and we couldn’t recover in the bottom of the ninth. In all fairness, the ball landed right at his feet and took a crooked bounce. Chris is a great catcher. It was just his turn to make a flub. Unfortunately, it cost us the game. I wanted the win, but I wouldn’t have been disappointed if we got the win in extra innings like yesterday. So, we have to play the White Sox again tomorrow in the afternoon to see who takes the series.
It was so hot today I had to use the air conditioner and the fan to stay cool while sleeping. I woke up about noon and it was sweltering. I had such a headache, I turned on the fan and just tried not to sweat. It was hard going back to sleep, but my wife and daughter were nice and quiet when they got home and let me sleep. Usually whenever anyone comes home I wake right up. I was thinking about staying up in the morning and then trying to sleep in the evening, but then I would have to try to go to sleep in the afternoon sometime and I think it would be too hot. So, I guess I’ll just keep going like I’m doing now.
I was fleshing out a new book yesterday and I decided against doing it. I had some good characters and a good beginning. But, the ending just wouldn’t come. I’ll keep it on ice in case something comes up. But for now, it’s not going to happen. I’m going to work on Gremlin Planet tonight. I’ve been wanting to give the River of Magic a little time, so I might throw down a few pages towards the end of the day if I’m still up for it. We’ll see.
I’m putting some Cars, Eagles, Dire Straits, and Dio into the playlist for background music. So, it’s time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment