Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16

Wow, don’t you hate it when there isn’t a baseball game. The day just drags. Not a whole lot happened today. My wife went out to dinner with one of her co-workers. She had been in the hospital for pneumonia. For a while, she was critical. She spent nearly two weeks in the hospital and now she is recovering at home. My wife said that she looks much better and is anxious to get back to work. I know that I always say that I would love to stay at home and not have to go to work. But, I’m sure I would get bored after a few weeks. And, I wouldn’t want to be sick either. I don’t know when she’s coming back to work, but I am sure it is going to be soon.
My daughter called from the army again today. She got her uniforms, but she still hasn’t started doing anything except filling out papers and getting medical checkups. They are going to start PT before the weekend, but the army training isn’t going to start until Monday.
I didn’t really see the other kids today. Even my granddaughter didn’t come over. So, I caught up on a few of the recordings of shows I’m three or four weeks late in watching. I saw the season finale of Castle. It was really good. Kate was shot at the end, I didn’t see that coming. I’m going to try to clear out some of the other stuff I’m supposed to watch. I need to get ready for Falling Skies. That looks like it’s going to be a great series. It stars Noah Wyle, the guy from ER. I’m sure they’re not going to call him Carter, but it’s going to be hard for me to call him anything else. Actually, they are going to call him Tom Mason. I’ve checked out the online comic and it looks pretty good. I hope the show is as good. Speaking of new shows, there is one coming up next season that I saw a commercial of while at the movies. It’s called Alta Nova. It looks good too. There are dinosaurs in it. You can’t go wrong with dinosaurs.
Well, there isn’t much else that happened today, so I better get to work. I’m putting Yes, Tom Petty, and Prince in the playlist today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment