Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9

What a good day it was today. I was able to sleep in to start with, that’s when you know it’s going to be good. I woke up to a phone call. My wife had taken the girls out to eat and forgot her card. So, I was going to bring it to her. Instead, I went with them and we had an enjoyable dinner. My granddaughter was with us, so I played with her while we all talked. Then, when we got home, I turned on the game. It was getting sticky there for a while, and I have to say that I was getting a little concerned. So far this month, we have been going back and forth with wins and losses. Since we won yesterday, and took the series from San Diego, I was getting kind of discouraged. So, at nine, I put my granddaughter in the car so I could drop her off on the way to work. It was the seventh inning and we were up. And, what a seventh inning it was. We ended up we took the lead, but the most fun part was me and my granddaughter cheering while we listened to the game. My granddaughter is only three, but she knows most of the player’s names. She doesn’t really know what’s going on in the game, but she gets excited when I get excited. Every time we got a hit or a run, we would whoop and shout and cheer. My granddaughter doesn’t quite get the fact that the teams we play change for each series, so all of the bad guys that play against the Rockies are all Pirates. I took her to a game and it was against the Pirates and she kept wanting me to point them out to her, so now, everyone we play is a pirate. By the time we got to her house, the bases were still loaded and the coach put in Giambi, that’s her favorite player. She didn’t want to get out of the car, so she could hear him get a hit and we could clap and cheer for him. It was very funny. The game is over now. We’ve officially won back to back games and started this series against the Dodgers off with a bang.
To top off the day, I stopped off at the store and found the medium bags of M&Ms, 2 for $4. I picked up two bags and I can already feel my stomach hurting because I’m going to eat too many of them. But, I haven’t had anything chocolate for months. Then, when I got to work, one of the guys showed me a video of the security footage of what happened outside in the building I work at. It was in the middle of the day and a lady dropped her bag, looking around suspiciously. Then, she quickly whipped her pants down and took a dump right up against the building. Without wiping, she pulled her pants back up just as a security guard came out to confront her. She tried to get away, but he made her come back to clean it up. So, she pulls some Tupperware out of her purse and scoops up the mess. It was pretty disgusting, but very funny. The security supervisor comes by after she had scooped it up, and it was like she walked into an invisible wall of funk. She tries to move closer, and the guard beside her is holding his nose, but they can’t move forward even an inch. They both eventually turn around and walk the other way. I can’t wait to see what else is going to happen tonight.
Yesterday, we took the bike my daughter hit to the bike store. The guy she hit couldn’t have just had a cheap bike, no, he had to have one of the most expensive ones they make. So, we had to shell out 2500.00 on a bike for him. But, it is better than having my daughter go to court and miss going into the service. If she would have had to go to court, the Army would have postponed her enlistment and who knows what could happen in a few months. It might have hurt the pocketbook, but she is still on track. She’s leaving this Monday and will be gone for a little over two months. Then, she comes back for a week and leaves again for just over four months. Then, she’s back and the Army is paying for her bachelors and her future. I think I can spend 25 hundred on that.
Since we’re going to have a little cash flow pause, I’m going to have to tell my daughter’s boyfriend that I can’t hire him to pencil the pictures for my graphic novel. I just won’t have any extra money for a while. I’ll let him keep the supplies and stuff. But, it’s time to put the graphic novel on the shelf for a while. Don’t worry, I am going to get it done, it will just have to wait about a year or so. (Hopefully, the ‘so’ will be less than a year)
I’ve decided to put in a little work on the River of Magic. I haven’t done any writing for about two weeks because I was outlining the graphic novel. But, since that’s on hold, I better bet back to it. I was going to keep working on Gremlin Planet, but I had an idea about River of Magic, so I’m going to incorporate it in. So, I better get busy. I’m putting Styx, Beach Boys, White Lion, and Foreigner in the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment