Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24

The Rockies spanked the Yankees. Giambi and Tulo both hit homers and Ubaldo pitched a very good game. He was a little wild at first, but he calmed down and went seven innings. Street closed it out for the win. It was a great game, all the better because we have a Yankee fan here at work. I didn’t rub his nose in it too much. (At least I didn’t make him cry) We have two more games against them this weekend and I’m off, so I get to see both of them. It should be a really good weekend. We are officially one game over five hundred and we are third in our division. Can you believe the Diamondbacks are in first? Well, we are only five games back. We’ll catch up.
I was very disappointed when J.K. Rowling made her announcement yesterday. I was expecting a new Hogwarts book if not a Harry Potter book. But it was only some interactive online thing. Oh well, she’ll wise up sooner or later and make some more.
I woke up late today. Usually I get up when my wife comes home from work at three. But today, they went to the movies. I didn’t wake up until after five. I’m well rested, but it felt weird waking up without anyone being there. Then, I tried to call and no one was answering. I thought something might have happened, but they didn’t answer because they were at the movies. (Understandable)
My youngest daughter is going on the Walk-a-thon tomorrow and my wife has to work, so I’m going to have most of the day to myself. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’ll figure something out though. But, I for sure won’t sleep in again. I don’t want to miss the beginning of the game again.
Well, I better get started. I’m working on the Great Detective sequel again and Gremlin Planet. I’m putting Meatloaf, Cat Stevens, Bread, April Wine, and Jim Croce into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment