Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27

Well, we fell under 500 again. After winning the first game, the Yankees took us to town for the remaining two games. It was made worse by the Yankee fan we have working at the office. Then today, we dropped a make up game to Chicago. It hasn’t been the best three days. On Sunday’s Yankee game, we stayed neck in neck with New York, but they took it with a two run homer at the end. Very heart wrenching,
I went and saw JJ Abrams Super 8 movie today. It was very good. It was funny and it had a great monster. I don’t want to give the ending away so I won’t tell you what happened. All I’ll say is that it was worth watching. Next week is Cowboys and Aliens. But, I won’t be able to see it for two weeks. It looks like I’m going to do a little overtime during my movie watching time. Bummer.
I also took the wife and my youngest daughter to the movies on Sunday. We saw the Hangover II. It was pretty funny, but I think I liked the first one better.
We got a letter from my daughter in boot camp. She’s doing very well. She even said that she was having fun at some of the obstacle courses. The only thing she said she didn’t like was getting up early to do PT. She had her first PT test and she did fine, but she said she will do better when she gets used to getting up so early. She also said that it was 102 degrees when she was running. I bet that sucked. I didn’t want to tell her that it will probably get even hotter as summer progresses. I sent her a letter today. I hope she gets it this week. I can’t believe that she has been there for two full weeks already. Today starts her third week. I hope it is going as fast for her as it is for me.
We had a power outage on Saturday. It started in the early evening and lasted until three in the morning. Without the fans, it was really hot. We were outside for a while watching the police and fire department driving up and down the streets. I guess they were looking for the problem. After a while, we went back inside and lit a few candles. Then, we played spades all night. Yes, I was the champion. I trounced my wife and daughter. We tried playing again on Sunday after the movie, but it just wasn’t the same without the candles. I still beat them, but we didn’t play for very long.
My wife had to work some overtime on Saturday. I had a bunch of things planned out that I wanted to do since I had the house to myself. But, I didn’t do any of them. I don’t know what happened. I guess I’ll have to squeeze them in during the week.
Well, I better get started or I won’t do anything today either. I’m going to put the radio on today. I don’t feel like going through all of the songs to make a playlist. I’m going to work on the Great Detective Sequel and Gremlin Planet again today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment