Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14

It happened again. Yesterday, my daughter left for boot camp. After arriving, she found out that her connecting flight was canceled. So, she was stuck the night in our nation’s capital. The airport gave her a motel room so she didn’t have to stay overnight in the terminal. She woke up early in Washington DC to make sure she got a flight to boot camp. Everything was going good. She had a few hours to wait around at the airport, but she got her flight at ten their time. She found the army bus that would take her to the camp. She called and let my wife know that everything was ok. On the trip to the camp the bus broke down. Needless to say it hadn’t been the best start on her journey to start her adult life. But, it is going to make for some great stories when she gets married and has kids. She called again later on in the evening. They put her and the other recruits in a barracks for the night, but the mess hall was closed by the time they arrived at the camp. So, she only got breakfast today. Tomorrow will be her first whole day as an army recruit. Go Baby!!!! (I’m not supposed to put her name in my blog)
The Rockies beat the Padres today after a disappointing loss yesterday. The score was 6-3 and baring yesterday’s performance, our bats have really heated up. Let’s hope that trend continues. My granddaughter keeps asking me when I’m going to take her to another game. She had so much fun last time. I’m sure we can get some cheep Rock Pile tickets.
I think I’m going to have work a little overtime tomorrow. It isn’t on the schedule, but we had one of our guys break his leg. He can’t work with a cast on, so they have taken him off the schedule for the last two or three days. But, he is on the schedule for tomorrow. Either they have forgotten to take him off that day, or they forgot to put his replacement on. Because he is off for the next two weeks. I guess we’ll just have to see who shows up in the morning.
Well, I’m going to get started today. I think I’m going to work on Gremlin Planet instead of the River of Magic. I tried working on it yesterday, but either I wasn’t feeling it or I was just too tired and it wasn’t happening. I’m putting in Ratt, Scorpions, Twisted Sister, Cinderella, and Dokken in the playlist tonight. It’s one of those rocking nights.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment