Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1

Ubaldo is going into the eighth inning with only seventy five pitches. He is being awesome today. We are 3-0 right now and hopefully we’ve put May behind us. Yesterday’s game, the last game of the month was disgusting. We dropped the game 8-2. Wow, I just typed that one short portion of a paragraph and the Rockies have already gotten the Dodgers out. It was two quick hits to the shortstop Tulo and then a quick one to second base, Johnny Herrera. That was nice.
Today was my daughter’s awards ceremony for graduating high school. She got two awards. The first was for being one of the four or five students in the school that didn’t get a referral. I’m glad she didn’t get in trouble at school, but her second award was much more satisfying. The JROTC Commander put all of her ribbons and metals on a plaque under glass. It looked really nice. Before we left for it, I took the memory card out of our camera and put it inside my mom’s. I have it because I was downloading her pictures onto the computer. Her camera is better than ours, so I figured I would borrow it and get some good shots of the ceremony. So, I bring it down to the car, and yep… that’s where it stayed. I forgot to bring it in and didn’t realize until everything had started. So, we only have phone pics. I’m sure they came out pretty good, but I won’t know until I can see them.
My granddaughter and I were paying attention during the ceremony, but we also had fun with a little pink stretchy squeeze toy she brought. They served food, so we gorged on cookies and carrots. It was pretty good. She really didn’t want to go home after the program was over. She was crying and crying. She really wanted to stay the night, but I had to work tonight and the wife has to work in the morning. We wouldn’t have anyone to watch her. So, she’ll probably stay the night on Friday. Actually, she might not. Saturday is my eldest daughter’s graduation party. We’ll probably be busy getting things set up for that. We’ll see.
I didn’t get to work on the graphic novel yesterday, work got in the way. So, I’ll start on page seventeen today. I still haven’t seen any of the artwork yet. But, that is probably because my daughter’s boyfriend and my daughter are spending as much time together as possible before she has to leave for boot camp. Well, it’s the bottom of the ninth, so I’m going to sign off for now. I’m going to just put the internet radio on after the game, I just don’t want to go through all of the songs tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment