Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17

Everything is coming up Rockies. We slaughtered the Tigers today, 13-6. The tigers did have a grand slam, but that was about all they had. Our bats today were electric. We were hitting everything. It was one of those days you wished you were at the ball park. It’s one of those days that you wished it was tomorrow so that you could see them wipe up the floor with them again.
Although today was a great Rockies day, it wasn’t a great phone day. Yes, my phone broke. It was one of those older phones that flipped open and didn’t have touch screen technology. So, it isn’t a huge loss, but now I don’t have a phone. I don’t use my phone very much. Usually, it is just for telling the time. Since we switch back and forth every hour at work, I do need to know the time. So, my wife pulled out one of the old phones we seem to collect and charged it up. It is saying that it is 6:17 which isn’t good, because it is really 10:09. I don’t know what I’m going to do tonight. Oh well, the Rockies won. I’ll figure something out.
It was kind of a pain getting to work today. The Gay Pride Parade is scheduled for this weekend and they always close down Broadway, which is the main thoroughfare through town. It is also the street where I work. So, I have to go several city blocks out of the way and thread an obstacle course just to get to work. It will be worse this weekend. And, yes, I do have to work on Sunday. It is a 6am to 6pm shift. That means that when I get off work tomorrow morning at 6am. I have to go to sleep for a few hours. Then, wake up early so that I will be able to sleep at night in order to wake up in the morning and go to work. My whole weekend is blown. But, it’s ok, the Rockies won.
Well, I better get to work. I think I’m going to put in a bunch of one hit wonders into the playlist tonight. I think it is time for a little variety.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment