Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29

Parents are idiots!!!
All right, I am sure that you all know that my eldest daughter is in boot camp for the army. Well, we have been following her progress on Facebook. They post pictures and they tell us when she is able to call so that we are waiting by the phone. There is also a section on there where family members can make comments. The kids in the army can’t see them, but other families can and so can the person posting the information. Most parents will post things like their kid’s name and something inspirational. This one lady today posted a note saying that it was her son’s birthday and she wanted to see if the person posting could tell the drill instructors in his platoon to have the other recruits sing him happy birthday. Come on lady. This is the ARMY not summer camp. Even if they did what she wanted, don’t you think that from that moment on, they kid would be singled out by all of the drill instructors. She was more likely to get her kid beat up than to have a good birthday.
The Rockies are in the seventh inning and we are up 3-2. I don’t have the radio, but I’m following it on the computer. I was able to see the first few innings before I went to work, and the guys looked good. We got a bunch of hits and even the outs we’ve made, the balls were hit hard. Let’s hope we carry that lead all the way to the end.
My daughter’s boyfriend came over today. He had a few more pictures for the graphic novel. I scanned them in and put them on the website. www.thomnichols.com in case anyone wants to take a peek at them. I’m still going to update it a little more. Right now, I just have the pictures of the characters on it. I would like to get some of the book so everyone can see what it will look like. And, I need to put some captions on the characters so you’ll know who you are looking at. Maybe I’ll get a chance to do that this weekend.
Well, I better get to work. I’m putting Rush, Fleetwood Mac, and Journey in the playlist tonight for background music. We’ll see what I work on, I’m not sure yet.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment