Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25

I was a little concerned about the Captain America movie when I saw the previews. But, after seeing the movie, I was happy I went. I thought it was done very well and I even liked the story. The action and effects were great and it was funny. There were a bunch of great jokes in it that I really wasn’t expecting. There was a little clip at the end, after the credits, for the Avengers movie. I can’t wait until that comes out. It should be great. Other preview of upcoming movies looked good too. The Immortals, John Carter Warlord of Mars, Conan, and Planet of the Apes among others look like they are going to be awesome. It looks like this year was a good year for movies.
We received a call from my eldest daughter in boot camp. She passed her PT and her rifle range, so she is in the home stretch. There is officially less than a month to go. From the Facebook site, we knew that she was going to call. It said that all of the recruits were going to call to let everyone know if they were going to graduate on time or not and to arrange transportation to their next duty station. We are going to pick her up and drop her off in Georgia. But, for those people that can’t be delivered, they were going to arrange military flights. So, she was able to talk to all of us for about five or ten minutes. It was nice to hear her voice. She seemed pretty happy. The only problem came the next day. We went to see the Captain America movie and didn’t expect her to try calling again. I’m sure it was very disappointing for her. She called my wife a few times, my youngest daughter a few times, her brother and then finally her grandparents. They answered and she spoke with her grandpa for a few minutes. Then, she tried everyone again and my son picked up. But, by then her time was running out. My wife cried because she missed the call and then cried again when she heard the voice mail she left on my youngest daughter’s phone. So, now the new rule is we aren’t allowed to do anything on Sundays in case she tries calling. I don’t think she will be able to until sometime during the last week of boot camp, but my wife doesn’t want to take any chances.
The Rockies aren’t doing very well. We dropped two games against Arizona. One of them we lost 12-3 and yesterday’s game we put up the big goose egg. Today we are playing the Dodgers. When I left for work, it was 1-0. But, after dropping my granddaughter off at home, I turned to the game and it was 1-3 Dodgers. Usually the game is on here at work, but the supervisor that owns the radio is on vacation. So, I don’t even know what’s going on. I’m going to have to sneak a peek on the internet after I post this.
My brother came back from vacation today. He spent the week in California with his in-laws. His funny story, (It was funny to me, not to him) is that his in-laws take it as a personal offense if they stay at a motel when they are out there. But, all they had were air mattresses for them to sleep on. Needless to say, the hilarity commenced. It ended up with his wife sleeping on the floor. But, they stopped off in Vegas on the way up and back and won their gas money. So, all in all it was a good trip.
Well, I better get started working. I’m going to put Whitesnake, Dio, and Van Halen in the playlist for background music and I’m going to try getting some River of Magic done tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment