Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21

Time to complain about Chase bank. I don’t bank there, but I have a car loan with them. And, unfortunately I had another car loan with them. During a wind storm, a tree was blown over and it landed right on my car. The insurance paid off most of it, but not all. I called Chase and they gave me the balance remaining. I paid that and everything was fine until yesterday. I came to work and my boss was very upset. It turns out that they called during the day twelve times asking for me. So, this morning when I got off, I tried calling them. Their automated phone guide is one of the worse ones I have ever tried to navigate through. It hung up on me twice. The first time I thought was just an accident, but the second time it hung up in the exact same place. I spent over an hour trying to reach someone to find out what was going on. The only way I was able to get past the point where it hung up on me was to use my wife’s social security number. The old car was in her name. Then, I was finally able to talk to someone. (It’s funny that hers worked because I have an open account with them and my social security number wouldn’t work at all. I guess the only time they let you talk to someone is when there is something wrong with your account.) Well, when I could talk to someone, they said that I still owed $139.56 and it was getting ready to go into collections. I tried to tell the person that I called and got the payout amount and paid it, but she was stupid or something. She kept asking me how I was going to pay the balance. I ended up just paying it to get her off of the phone. Then, she wanted me to update my address and phone number. We got as far as my phone number, which I didn’t know. I told her that I don’t call myself and I never bothered to learn it. So, she asked if I could tell her my new number. So, I said I didn’t know what it was. So, she asked me if I could tell her my new number for their records. All I did was tell her yes when she read off my old address and number. Hopefully I’ll never have to talk to that woman again. Another funny thing is that the car was in my wife’s name. All of her contact information should be on the account, but they didn’t even try to call her or me. They went straight to my job’s phone number.
The Rockies dropped today’s game. That means we split the series with the Atlanta Braves 2-2. Unfortunately, they swept us a few weeks ago. So, we only took 2 of 8 games. Worst of all, was Carlos Gonzales hurt his wrist again while batting. At first it looked like the bat hit him, but I think he just pulled something. He looked like he was in a lot of pain. We were up for a while and then as soon as he was taken out, we started losing. So, we probably won’t have him against Arizona tomorrow. We are officially 47-52 for the year. Arizona is 52-46. If we can sweep them we can move up in the division. But, we are still 10 games out of first in the west. We have a lot of work ahead of us.
I was supposed to wake up early to pick my daughter up from work and take her to some meeting someplace. But, with the phone call to Chase this morning, I didn’t get to bed until 9:30 or later. She needed to be at the meeting at 2:00. So, I wasn’t going to get any sleep today. But, when my wife came home, I looked at the clock and it was 3:15. I thought I was late. But, it turned out that the meeting was canceled. I was lucky, because I was dead on my feet. It hasn’t been a good week for sleeping this week. But, it is almost the weekend. There is always time to nap then.
I’m putting Night Ranger, Tesla, Great White, and Prince in the playlist tonight. I haven’t done much work lately, but I’m going to turn that around tonight. I’m starting with the Great Detective Sequel so that I can send it off to my daughter in the army and then I’m going to work on the River of Magic.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment