Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12

There wasn’t a Rockies game today because it is the All Star Break. And, wouldn’t you know, I get all ready to watch the All Star Game when the TV freezes. It has happened before, so I thought I would wait it out. But no, it didn’t want to fix. I tried looking at the other channels and all of them were working. It was just channel 13 and the game, stupid FOX. So, I turned it to something else and figured I would check every once in a while until it came back on. Of course, I started doing other stuff, because I really didn’t want to watch Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. By the time I got back to the TV, it was already in the end of the seventh inning. By then all of the runs were already made. It ended with the National League up 5-1.
As the game ended up, I was off to work. When I left, it was just sprinkling lightly. By the time I was halfway there, it was a monsoon. I could barely see. Broadway, the main street, was completely underwater. All of the side streets had water all the way up over the curb. It came down so fast and flooded so quickly, I didn’t know if I was going to make it to work. I did stop at 7-11, and everyone that was inside was staring out the window to look at us idiots trying to drive around. I was only about five steps from the door and by the time I got inside, I was soaked. The worst part about the drive was that the windows continually fogged over. I was wiping them off and by the time I got from the top to the bottom, the top was fogged over again. Then, when I got to work, the parking garage was flooded. I had to park in shin deep water.
Well, I have to go dry off. I don’t know who I’m going to put into the play list, but it will be something upbeat. I need something to wake me up today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment