Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aug 2

I meant to put a new blog entry yesterday, but work got in the way. Today it is raining and it should be much slower.
At least yesterday’s game was close. We were winning all the way into the ninth inning before we lost. Today’s game was like we weren’t even there. The score ended up to be 5-0. Cook got hurt and was taken out in the 4th inning. The guy that replaced him did much better, but still gave up two home runs. All I can say is at least football season is coming up. The Broncos are playing the Cowboys on Thursday the 11th in their first preseason game. It will be very interesting to see what the new coach has done with the team. Because of all the money stuff that was going on, I have stayed away from all the rumors and trades and stuff. In fact, I hadn’t even gone to the website until today.
We had a mini family reunion on Sunday. One of my nieces set it up and we all met at Chuck E Cheese. It was fun. Everyone came except for my youngest brother. But, that was understandable. Chuck E Cheese can get expensive and he has five kids. It would have been twice as much for him as it was for us and we spent more than we had planned. I managed to get a picture of me and my granddaughter, but she was more interested in playing the new games. Usually I try to get pics of everyone, but I was slacking off this time. We got there early and for a while we were the only people in the whole building. My granddaughter wanted to play with the only other little girl, my nephew’s daughter, but she was zipping around everywhere and my granddaughter’s little shy approach just couldn’t keep up.
I went to see Cowboys & Aliens. It was a really good movie. The aliens were done really well and the action was great. The storyline worked and Harrison Ford was mean. He wasn’t a bad guy, but he was a mean good guy. I didn’t see it in 3D so I don’t know if the effects were worth the extra money, but the regular version was defiantly worth a trip to the theater.
My daughter called this weekend and today. She sounded really good. She is excited about having nearly completed boot camp. She has a week of field training again, and one more PT test which shouldn’t be any problem. The last big thing is the ten mile hump with full pack and gear. That’s always a killer, but I’m confident she’ll manage ok. I wasn’t with my wife when she called today, but my wife told me she offered to help pay for our trip out there. We’re not going to take any money from her. She’ll need all that when she gets to Georgia and starts making friends. She has never had any real free time away from the family. When she gets out there, it will be just like a regular 9-5 job. She’ll have evenings and weekends off. She’ll need some money to go out and explore and do stuff. But, it was nice of her to offer.
We got a new shower nozzle in the bathroom. I didn’t realize how much I didn’t like the old one until I took a shower today. It was nice. The water came out in a steady flow in an even array. I almost didn’t want to get out. It’s too bad I had to go to work, or I might still be in there.
The trampoline came down today and a little basketball hoop went up. It was a great treat for the kids when it was up, but it just took up too much of the yard. We’ll put it up again probably next summer, but the novelty had already worn off and no one was really playing on it lately. But, that might have been because of the heat. It is still very hot outside. I’m sure it is worse for my daughter in boot camp. I can go inside if I want to. She has to be out in it doing army stuff until the drill instructors tell her she can go in.
I updated the website. It is www.thomnichols.com in case anyone wants to check it out. I received some more pictures from my daughter’s boyfriend and I’ve scanned them in and put them up so everyone can see them. Soon, I’ll put up a page of the graphic novel so everyone can see what it will look like. The pics that are up there right now are just character pics. I’m going to add a profile for them but for now, it is just the images.
Well, that about does it for today. I’m going to put in Night Ranger, April Wine, and Kick Axe in the playlist for background music. I’m going to write my daughter a letter today and some other stuff, so I probably won’t work on any of the books until tomorrow.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment