Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feb 24

It’s official. I have Monday off instead of Sunday. It’s still a day off, but I won’t be able to do everything that I wanted to do because everyone will be at work or at school. But, after working nearly two months straight without a day off, I’m not complaining. Also, it looks like I’m going to be back to my normal schedule next week. I won’t know what to do with two days off and weekend days at that. So, I’ll just take Monday to relax and get all my fun out on the next weekend. I’m thinking a Chucky E Cheese trip and at least one movie. I might even pay to get into a movie and stay for two or three. My wife hates it when I suggest sneaking into a second movie. She won’t let me actually do it, but I’ll get her close to agreeing.
Can you believe it, BASEBALL is this weekend. It’s just spring training, but it’s baseball. The Rockies are playing Arizona on the first game of spring training. I hope the televise it. If they do, I don’t care how many hours I was working the night before. I’ll wake up to watch it. I was talking to one of my buddies about going to Opening Day. I know it’s a month away, but they’re already nearly sold out. The only seats left are in the nose bleed section and they’re starting at 60 bucks each. So, I think I’m going to shoot a little lower and try to get the first weekend game. Much cheaper and it will still be BASEBALL. (I like typing that in all caps.)
I haven’t done anything with the new book because of all the extra overtime. Yesterday, I was just lucky to stay awake the whole night. It’s kind of funny. I’ve been working these graveyards for about three years now, but now that I’ve been staying until ten in the morning I’ve noticed I’m more awake in the day time. It was weird, as soon as the sun came out, I was wide awake again. Now that the overtime is going away, I’m going to have to get used to going to sleep at about seven or eight instead of noon.
I watched American Idol tonight. They’re down to their top 24. Some of them seem pretty good. I think I’m going to have to give this season a shot. But, I won’t know for sure until the top 12. There were a couple of them that they sent through that I thought should have been cut. But then, they also put through a bunch of hot girls, so I might just watch for that. I know, I’m a perv.
Since I’ve decided to just take a break until the overtime is gone, it’s time to check out the farm and see what’s going on. I’ve put in some Tesla, White Lion, and Ratt into the playlist tonight because it’s one of those days to just rock out and have some fun.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment