Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 15

I could not sleep today. I got home about eleven this morning (more overtime), grabbed a snack and hit the pillow. About four in the afternoon, I could hear my wife arguing with someone and she said that the police were going to come and get whoever she was arguing with. Curious, I got up to find out what was going on. It turns out that she was babysitting a couple of her sister’s kids. One of them didn’t want to listen to her because she wasn’t her mom. So, he decided he was going to run away. He made it just outside of the yard. Since it wasn’t an emergency, I thought I might try going back to sleep. But, it wasn’t happening. So, I helped my wife bring down the clothes so she could go washing. By then, I was wide awake. I started doing stuff and before I knew it, it was time to go to work. I’m feeling it now and I have to stay until ten tomorrow again tomorrow and for the rest of the week.
It looks really busy today at work, so I don’t know what I’m going to be able to get done. I am going to check on my farm, because I totally neglected it yesterday. But, I’ll only spend about an hour or so on it. There is just too much to do.
As long as nothing happens, it looks like we’re going to be able to go to Vegas for my sister’s wedding. It will be very nice to get away for a while. I emailed her twice now and she hasn’t gotten back to me yet. But, she called my mom and it looks like she might be getting a promotion. It will mean that she has to move to Idaho or Utah. A marriage and a promotion, it looks like she’s having a good year. I wish mine would take off. I can’t complain too much though. They did find someone for the graveyard shift. So, I won’t be seven days a week for much longer.
I’m putting the Stray Cats, Slaughter, and Kiss into the playlist tonight. So, I better get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment