Saturday, February 12, 2011

Feb 12

Well, it looks like all of the new company’s bosses and our bosses and the property management are all going to be at the mandatory meeting tomorrow. They scheduled a conference room from 1 to 5. That means that it’s going to be long and boring and most of it probably won’t pertain to us. But, we’ll be expected to stay the entire time even though it is in the middle of the graveyard shift’s sleeping period. At least now I know why they threatened us with disciplinary action if we didn’t dress up in what they call business casual. It still has to be slacks and a button shirt. I guess the casual part is not having a tie. If I can find my Bugs Bunny tie, maybe I’ll wear it anyway.
My Goddaughter threw a birthday party for her baby today. Her birthday was actually on the 10th, the same day as my mom’s birthday, but they celebrated it today because it was the weekend. For some reason, I either didn’t get the word or forgot about it. It was happening downstairs, but I slept through it. They didn’t even save me a piece of cake.
I managed rip myself away from Farmville yesterday and today. Yesterday, I was almost sucked in for hours, but I put my foot down and slapped my hand away when it tried to log onto Facebook. So, I that means I was able to start the new book. I thought that Sabertooth was going to creep in and force its way out, but I stayed on schedule. It looks like the girl book is going to be next. I did jot down the ideas for Sabertooth and the River of Magic so that I wouldn’t forget them. I’m about halfway through the first chapter and I’ll finish it today.
I was looking at the new training facility down in Phoenix for the Rockies. It looks really nice. I still want to go down there for spring training. But, with all of the turnover problems here at work, there wouldn’t be any way to get any time off even if there weren’t other events coming up that I had to save for. It looks like the military dance is on the 4th of March. My wife is going out tomorrow to buy a dress for my eldest daughter. My youngest already has hers. They didn’t go dress shopping about two weeks ago, but they came across a store that was either going out of business or just having a great sale. She picked up her dress then. I’m sure she would have gotten my other daughter her dress there as well, but she wasn’t expecting to spend a lot of money that day and it wasn’t a payday weekend. Hopefully the store is still having its sale or is still open whichever the case was and she can get the other dress there.
My boss gave me a big project to do over the weekend, so I better get started on it. I’m putting Ratt, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, and White Lion in the playlist for background music today.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment