Saturday, February 5, 2011

Feb 05

Good news everyone. I’m not going to miss the entire Super Bowl. It starts at 4 o’clock here in Denver and I don’t have to be at work until 6. So, depending on how late I leave, I might get to see most of the first half. There shouldn’t be anyone out on the streets except pizza delivery guys, so I should be able to speed my way downtown to get to work. It did snow again today and maybe tomorrow too. But if I’m careful, I should be alright leaving at 5:30 maybe 5:40.
Speaking of the snow, I was sliding all over the place today when I went to pick up my daughter. It didn’t snow that much, but the melted snow from yesterday or the day before must have all turned to ice.
More good news: (I probably should have put this first) My sister is getting married. She’s having a Vegas marriage in June. Since I’m working so much overtime, I’m hoping to be able to save some so that I can go see her getting hitched. I never met the guy, even though they’ve been dating for years. The only reason is because she lives in Fernley Nevada and I live in Denver. I really should try to get out there to visit, but I don’t think I’ve taken a vacation in more than five years. Whenever it’s time for vacation, I usually trade the time in for the money. For some reason, there is always something that needs to be paid at that time. My sister has a good job. She works for Amazon.com. I wouldn’t mind working there, but I’ve heard that there isn’t much out in Fernley. Too bad they don’t open up a facility here.
Speaking of Vegas, my sister said that we can get rooms there for about $25.00 a night. If we can go, it would have to be over the weekend. I’m not sure when the 20th is, but it better be on the weekend. We’ll drive out, because it’s not that far from Denver and because if I bring the whole tribe, it will be cheaper than flying everyone out. Probably the only thing that will stop us from going would be my daughter’s graduation/going into the Army party. We’ll need to send her off with a bang. Then, we’ll be going down to South Carolina for her boot camp graduation. We’re trying to arrange a little vacation excursion while were down there to Disneyworld in Florida. Then, we’ll drop her off in Georgia on the way back. But, that’s not until later, in August. I know, I’ll win the money for the vacation while I’m in Vegas. Yeah, that’ll work.
Well, I better start doing something. I’m putting the radio on in the background. I’m just too lazy today to make a playlist.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment