Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2

Like always, please check out my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/

Ok, since we did good news last time, let’s get the bad news out of the way this time. The Rockies lost again tonight. We only took one game from San Diego over the weekend and now we lost the first game to the Cardinals tonight. We’re 19 games under five hundred and if we lose tomorrow and San Diego wins, which they did today, we’ll slip into last place in our division. The only good thing that happened today was that Carlos Gonzales was picked to go to the All Star game in Kansas City and will participate in the home run derby. I like the derby and I hope he does well. And, hopefully we can come back from the All Star Break and turn our season around.
My brother starts his new job tomorrow. He was so excited they’re going out and buying a new car. He told me what kind it was, but I don’t remember car stuff. So, all I can tell you is it is a hybrid.
The kids still haven’t given me a finite answer if they are expecting or not. I’m still going with a yes.
My eldest daughter’s first car payment booklet came in the mail today. There were so many pages in the thing it took two little booklets. Her first payment is on the 12th. Then, it’s just a million more to go. Welcome to the adult world of bills.
My youngest daughter is going down to the college campus tomorrow to pick up her book list and student ID. I hope the books aren’t too much. They won’t let her get them on a Kindle or IPad which I think is stupid. More and more colleges and high schools are going to them. She should be able to choose if she wants to or not. And, we have that Kindle just lying around. It would make things so much easier.
Something strange happened today when I looked at the schedule. Somehow, I have another week with two days off. That hasn’t happened in I don’t know how long. I still have some overtime, but it is only a couple hours in the morning. So, instead of getting off at 6am I get off at 8am. Let’s see how long that’s going to last.
We had a mandatory meeting this Saturday. It was only for three hours, but it was right in the middle of the day. So, my wife dropped me off so that she could have the car. My daughter was going to take her and her friend out to the movies. When I got out of my meeting, I was supposed to walk over and meet them in the lobby of the theater. So, I brought my book and sat down on the little bench. I had to wait for about an hour and found that I couldn’t concentrate on my book. The movie theater is located on the 16th street mall, so there are always a few strange people in any of the stores. But, for some reason, every time the door opened, very flamboyantly gay men started pouring in. Where I was sitting, I could hear all of their conversations as they stood in line and bought tickets. They were all aflutter about going to see a movie called Magic Mike. I’d never heard of the movie, but when I asked my wife about it. She told me it was about male strippers and there was quite a bit of nudity in it. She’d already seen it a couple of times. I told my mom this little story, so now she’s going to go see the movie. She’ll probably run into my wife who wants to see it again.
I didn’t get to see a movie this week, so I’ll make sure to go to Spiderman this coming up week. It comes out tomorrow. So, that’s about it this week. Next week we have a family reunion on my wife’s side of the family. I’ll let you know how that goes.
I’m on chapter 4 of Slider. It’s coming along nicely. So, I’ll work on that tonight. I’m putting ELO, April Wine, and Ratt in the playlist tonight for background music. So, I’ll see you next Monday night.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment