Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25

As always, please check out my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/

Let’s start with the good news. The Rockies just beat the Nationals in the first game of their series here in Denver. The score was 4-2. I was able to see most of it before I had to go to work and it was a very good game. Our starting pitcher did very well. The other guy’s pitcher was good too and for a while I thought we were going to be in trouble. But, they had a great inning 5th and 6th inning that put us up and then we stayed there for the rest of the game. Let’s hope we can continue this win for the rest of the series and longer. The only bad thing that happened was that Scutaro got beaned in the head with a pitch. It looked like he wanted to stay in, but they took him out. We’re still like sixteen games under five hundred, but the road back starts with that first game.
I managed to go see three movies this week. It’s nice not having a ton of overtime for once. Anyway, I went to see Prometheus, Rock of Ages, and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I am happy to say that I liked all three of them. Prometheus was the best of the three. I went to see it last Monday. (Not in 3D) I knew it was going to be a prequel to the Alien series and they did a really good job story-wise. I wouldn’t mind seeing it again. I had heard a lot of bad reviews about Rock of Ages, and I really thought that Tom Cruse was a bad choice for this type of movie. So, I figured I would go for the music, which was awesome. They picked a ton of great songs. The story was pretty predictable, but they had a lot of subtle jokes that really made it worthwhile. I went to Abraham Lincoln today, my daughter took me. She’s so sweet. It was pretty good, and I’m looking forward to reading the book. I have it at home, but it is low on the priority list. There were some things in there that were a little out there, but overall, it was a good action flick.
I had two whole days off this week. I can’t remember when the last time that happened. I should have taken advantage of them better, but one of them I literally didn’t do anything the entire day. I was so lazy it’s not even funny. For the next four days, I have a little overtime, but it’s barely enough to mention. One of the days is for three hours on Saturday, my day off. But, it’s a mandatory meeting set up by the office, so I have to be there. I’m sure that there is going to be a bunch of overtime coming up in the near future. Our supervisor who works the second shift has put in her notice so the morning people are foaming at the mouth for promotions. Depending on who gets it, there might be a few more resignations. And, both of the other guys at night have been expressing their intentions of leaving. One of them has already interviewed with another company but hasn’t told anyone yet. The other guy told me tonight that he talked to someone in the office and they are going to try to get him something by the middle of this week. He also said that if they don’t give it to him, he is gone. We’ll see.
I can’t confirm one way or the other if the kids are pregnant yet. But, on Saturday at my brother in-law’s graduation party barbeque, my daughter in-law made a point not to drink anything. I asked my son, but he didn’t give me a definite answer. So, I’m choosing to believe that they are pregnant. That would put the new baby arriving early next year.
Not much is happening with my girls. They’re both just working and surviving the heat.
My wife took her parents to go visit her brother on Sunday. (My lazy day) She had a good trip, but they took our car to make the visit. So, the in-laws left us their truck in case we needed to go anywhere. So, around lunch time, I sent my youngest daughter out to get us something to eat. Well, she only gets a few feet when she realizes that the truck has a flat. It was like three hundred degrees out. I got the truck up on the jack, but can’t find my father in-law’s lug wrench. So, I can’t get the tire off. As it turns out, he lent it out and never got it back, so he uses a ratchet. But, the worst thing was that me and my daughter were out lunch. We tried to call my other daughter to go pick us up something, but she had just eaten and she lives pretty far. So, we ended up having pizza delivered. It was good, but I ate way too much. That always happens. I’m a sucker for bread sticks.
Well, that’s about all that happened this week. I’ve started the third chapter of Slider and it is looking really good. I’m going to work on it tonight, so I’d better get busy. I’m putting a variety of heavy metal songs in the playlist, most of them are from the Rock of Ages movie. It’s a little heavy on Def Leopard and Cinderella, but there are a lot of other good songs in there.
See you next Monday night.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment