Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16

As always, check out my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/


What a week, what a week. Let’s start off with the big news. My eldest daughter bought my granddaughter some goldfish. Then my wife and my daughter went in halfsies (Yeah, halfsies isn’t a real word, even if you stick a v in there instead of an f.) on a small tank. My granddaughter named them Rosie, Juliet, and Pretty Head. They told her to feed them every other day and take care of them. Well, she took that to heart. She usually stays over at our house on Friday’s so the kids can have some time to themselves and we can get in some quality granddaughter time. But, when she heard that her mom and dad were going to go out, she complained all evening about going home so that she could watch them and so they wouldn’t be lonely. So, we broke down and took her home. After she got there and found out that her parents weren’t going to leave her home alone to watch her fish, she started begging to come back.
I went to see the Spiderman movie today. I think I like the actor who plays Peter Parker much better than the old guy. They did a great job on the Lizard and the special effects. I’m looking forward to the next one. I’ll probably go see Batman next week. The previews looked really good. I also want to see the new Bourne movie, even though Jason Bourne isn’t going to be in it. (I don’t see how they can have a Bourne movie without Jason, but I’m not running things.) The action and effects look like it’s going to be really good. But, the best special effects I saw in the previews are the new Total Recall movie. It looks like it’s going to be great. I liked the old one a lot, but this one looks like it’s going to be great.
The Rockies started off with a bang after the All Star Break. They took apart the Phillies in that first game. They brought up a double A player (Rutledge) and he did really well. Then, after that big win, they lost the next two and dropped the series. Today, they’re taking on the Pirates. It was a close game all the way until the fifth. They scored one and we scored four. We held them off until the ninth. At that time, I had to take my granddaughter home, so I was listing to it on the radio. Of course, they go into a rain delay with one out and two people on base for the Pirates. I just checked the score before I started writing this blog and we’re tied 4-4. But, it’s the bottom of the ninth and we have one man on first with no outs. I got my fingers crossed. Tomorrow, I’m taking my brother to the game. One of the guys I work with came back from vacation in Mississippi, but he got in late, so I traded shifts with him. I worked this Saturday and he’s going to work for me tomorrow. So, I get to see the whole game. Well, looking at the game on the computer as I’m writing this, I see that the new guy, Rutledge just got out. I’ll keep you informed as the game and blog progresses.
My youngest daughter turned down a job at Subway. She had a great interview and they offered her a job. But, she decided not to take it. I’m actually glad about that. She’s starting college in August and working two jobs would be a little too much in my opinion. I would rather her focus on her studies so that she isn’t overwhelmed.
Speaking of August, my wife is organizing an end of summer barbeque. Wait a minute, Giambi singled to center sending Rosario to third. We have two runners and only one out. Anyway, it’s not going to be her family or my family, we’re going to put them both together and have an us against them kickball or volleyball game. It should be fun. Since we haven’t told anyone yet, if anyone is reading this from either family, this is your heads up. My wife is going to reserve a park and she’s already planning her menu. She told me that she wasn’t going to organize anything ever again after she helped do her dad’s side of the family’s family reunion last month. I guess that didn’t last.
On the subject of my wife, she finally got fed up with work and asked for a transfer. She was a little upset when I went to pick her up today. But, now that we talked it out and she really thought about it, it’s a good thing. They were really taking advantage of her and treating her badly. So, she’s going to take the transfer but start looking around at other options. I’m still voting for the bartender school. She’s a very personable person and she could make a killing in tips. I also mentioned bartending to my brother. When I take him to the game tomorrow, I’m going to mention it again. He’s having some problems now, and needs to find a job quickly. The Bartending School is only a week long and from the website I saw, they have an incredible placement record.
I know you’re on the end of your chairs wondering about the end of the game, so here goes. Dexter Fowler hit a sacrifice fly to score the winning RBI.
My wife just called. There was a horrible accident at my son’s house. One of my granddaughter’s goldfish died. She tried talking to my wife, but she was crying too loudly to be understood. It looks like we’re going to go to the pet store and pick up a new one.
Well, that’s about enough for today. I’m on chapter 6 of Slider, so I’m going to work on that tonight. I’m putting Stray Cats, U2, Reo Speedwagon, and 38 Special into the playlist for background music tonight.
See you next Monday
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment