Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aug 4

Happy Birthday!!!
It’s my youngest daughter’s birthday today. She is officially 17 years old. We were supposed to have a surprise barbeque for her. We had told her that we were going to take her out to eat because she wanted to celebrate her birthday with her sister when she gets out of boot camp. We were sneaky for about ten minutes. I don’t know who told her, but she started talking about it yesterday and even asked if some of her friends could come over for it. Even thought it wasn’t a surprise, it was still fun. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, polish sausage, potato salad and pretty much everything you could think of except onions. I’m the only one that likes them so they are usually forgotten. (I don’t see how you can eat a hamburger without onions)
One of my nephews also had a cake. His birthday is right around the same time as mine, and they used to always have their birthday parties together. This year, we figured his parents were going to have a party on the weekend, so we were going to have my daughter’s birthday on the actual day. But, the nephew’s parents weren’t going to throw him a party this year so they just piggybacked onto ours.
My wife kept trying to get all of my daughter’s friends to eat more and more burgers and dogs, but they all had to go to a soccer game afterwards. Even though it would have been pretty funny to see them all blowing chunks out on the field, they refrained from eating too much. After the party, my wife drove them and my daughter to the game. My granddaughter wanted to stay, but her parents took her home too.
Without any kids, I was able to sit back and watch nearly the whole Rockies game today. It was great. They broke their losing streak with a win against the Nationals. It was the first of four games. We’re still ten games out of first, but we have to start our comeback somewhere and here seems like a good place to start. Plus, we should get Carlos Gonzales back on Saturday. That will be a big boost to our lineup.
I was dog tired yesterday, so I didn’t do anything. I’ll try to work on something tonight, but I’m really leaning towards being lazy. We’ll see how it goes. I’m putting ELO, Queen, and the Doors in the playlist tonight for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment