Monday, August 8, 2011

Aug 8

We went to the Rockies game on Saturday. It was an awesome game. We destroyed the Nationals 15-7. It was a hitting explosion. We took my daughter and my granddaughter and we had the best seats I’ve ever enjoyed. We were four rows up from the field parallel to first base. We could have reached out and touched the players. It was also free hat day for the first 10,000 people so we got there early. It was a pretty great day. The Rocks split the series with the Nationals 2-2 and with tonight’s win over Cincinnati, it puts us 54-62 for the season. We’ve still got a ways to go, but we’re chugging along.
We had a lazy day on Sunday. We really didn’t do anything except clean up the place a little. We did try a new Chinese place. The food was spicier than I prefer but at least it was more expensive. We’ll probably not go back. We did get some free dumplings, but they were nasty. No one ate them and we ended up throwing them out. While we were at the Chinese place, I made my youngest daughter cry. I wasn’t trying to be mean or unfair, and I’m sure she’ll understand when she gets older. But, she wants to drive the car without either me or my wife in it with her. She is seventeen, but she doesn’t have her license yet. A year ago, when my eldest daughter was in a similar situation, we did let her drive. Which at the time, I really wasn’t comfortable with. And, my son who is now nearly twenty two still doesn’t have a driver’s license and he drives. I haven’t liked that for years, but he has a daughter and their own apartment and needs to get everyone to and from work and things. His girlfriend is going to get her license very soon and she does most of the driving, but I’m still worried. In my youngest daughter’s case, I don’t want to let her drive alone because, (even though I have let her drive more often of late) she hasn’t had as much experience behind the wheel as her older sister had at the time. That is also my fault, because gas prices has jumped big time this past year and has only started dropping down towards the end of the summer vacation. That’s not the best excuse, but it has been harder to get her opportunities to drive than it was for my eldest daughter for some reason. Then, there was the accident. Right before my eldest daughter went off to boot camp, she hit a cyclist while exiting an alley. It isn’t fair for me to penalize my younger daughter for what happened to my elder daughter. But, I don’t want to risk her getting hurt or hurting someone and then on top of it add the trouble of not being a legal driver. She doesn’t understand my situation, and when I try to explain it, it just makes it worse because I’m not being consistent. But, I’m going to err on the side of safety. She has an appointment to get her license on September the 12th after we return from our trip to S. Carolina. It’s only a month away and I’ll continue to give her every opportunity to continue practicing. She does pretty well, but there are things that she needs to work on.
We got our oil changed and our tires rotated for the trip today. It was only forty bucks and it took about an hour. We took it to the place we bought the car. And, I have to tell you that the service in the repair and service shop was much better than the service while buying the vehicle. I was kind of leery about going back because of the mess they put us through, but we had a coupon. Luckily, we were satisfied and we even told my son about it so that he can get his done.
My eldest daughter called this weekend. I was last, so I only got to talk to her for a few seconds before she had to go. She said that she is still ok. She finished her eight mile hike on my youngest daughter’s birthday. She told my wife that she got all kinds of blisters on her feet and she had to go to the infirmary to get them looked at. But, they cleaned her up and bandaged up. She has a PT final on Friday. I hope they are better before then. She has passed the practice PT tests and I don’t want her to fail because of her feet. It’s a week between, so she should be ok. Then, after that, she has the ten mile hike with full pack. That’s going to be the killer, but after that, she’s done. All they will be doing is practicing their graduation march. I’m going to write her today and check out the web site to see if they have posted any new pictures. The person that is putting up the pics seems to favor two of the five companies. It is probably a scheduling thing, because I think the webmaster is doing it in their spare time. But, it would be nice to get to see a picture of her. The only one we have is her behind a guy puking after the gas chamber. I told her the last time she called to jump in front of the camera more often.
Well, I better get this posted and get started. I’m going to write my daughter today and get another Great Detective out to her. So, I’ll start up on the River of Magic or Gremlin Planet tomorrow because there won’t be time today. I’m putting some Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Dio, and Dokken in the playlist tonight for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment