Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18

As always, please visit my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/
Happy belated Father’s Day. I had a nice father’s day. It was about 900 degrees outside, but we still had a barbeque. Thankfully, we had canopies and large beach umbrellas to keep the sun off of everyone. The wife and I had to work the overnight on Saturday into Sunday morning, so we didn’t get much sleep before the little party, but it was still fun. I only managed to stay awake until about ten that night, but the little woman went to a movie with her sisters and didn’t get back until about midnight. She had to work at six in the morning today, so I’m sure she’s dead tired. I got up with her this morning to go visit my mom. (Mondays are mom day) I took a nap when I got home to get me through tonight, but my wife is still up and around.

The only bad thing about Father’s Day was the Rockies lost again. I don’t know what’s up with the boys, but they are not having the season they should. Like everyone else, I’m blaming the pitching. We don’t have consistent starters and there isn’t a standout among them. They signed Francis back to the lineup last week. He was good a few years ago and I was sorry to see him leave. But, he hasn’t performed in the games he’s started. Hopefully we’ll get De La Rosa back soon. But, since there isn’t much to say about baseball, that’s about it on the subject.
The kids are doing well. My son let me in on a little secret. They don’t want anyone to know yet because it isn’t confirmed. But, my daughter in-law might be pregnant. They’ve been trying so this is good news. I think he said that she was going to the doctor to confirm today, so they might have already told everyone by now one way or the other. I was asleep, so I’m out of the loop. I’ll let the world know next Monday one way or the other.
My girls both have been sick this weekend. My youngest daughter got a bad case of allergies. Of course she insisted that she didn’t have allergies because she hasn’t had them before. But as soon as she started taking the allergy pills she became better. My eldest daughter must have eaten something bad. She was running back and forth to the bathroom all day yesterday and even called out of work today. She looked much better this evening, but she still didn’t want to eat anything.
It looks like the overtime at work is going away. (for a week at least) That means that I have a regular schedule this week. The paychecks have been nice, but I’m betting two full days off in a row are going to be better. At the very least, I’ll post this blog more regularly.
I also started writing again. I was working on Gremlin Planet, but yesterday I decided to redo the chapters I’ve put down on Sliders. I think it is much better now and I think I’m going to continue with it for now. Speaking of which, messed up the links for my latest book, River of Magic. Let’s see if I can fix that this time. For ebooks, click Here. For regular books, click Here.
I guess I better get started. I’m putting 38 Special, Foreigner, and April Wine in the playlist tonight for background listening.
See you next week.
Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment