Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dec 19

http://www.thomnichols.com/
Let’s start off with the Broncos. Yes, we lost to the Patriots. We came out like gangbusters in the first quarter, but then we fumbled three times in the second and they took advantage of each of them. We never recovered after that. There was an opportunity for another fourth quarter comeback, but it just didn’t happen. The good news is that the Raiders also lost. That means that we are still in first place in our division. We play the Bills next and then KC. KC should be an interesting game. Kyle Orton moved over to them and he was playing very well. They spanked the, until Sunday, undefeated Packers. So, it should be a shoot out between our quarterback and our former quarterback. Either way, I’ll probably have to work and miss it. That’s what happened this week. I don’t know what it is about Christmas time, but everyone at work loses their mind. They always seem to take that time to quit or get fired. (Can you believe it my bosses fired someone the week before Christmas) Then, I get stuck with working through the holidays. I think I’m going to request next Christmas off now because I don’t think I’ve been off for one in about six or seven years.

I tried to get a little Christmas shopping in today. But, I couldn’t seem to find anything I was looking for. I did manage to spend a bunch of money, but I still need to get a bunch of stuff. I wanted to go shopping over the weekend with my wife to get the main things and then spread out a little more over the week to get the stuff she doesn’t know about, but work botched that idea. I get paid on the Thursday before Christmas and I think I’m going to skip sleeping that day to go out again. Then, after that I work twelve hours on Friday and both days of the weekend. Nothing like waiting to the last minute.
I managed to see my daughter after she got back from the army. She’s doing very well. She’s talking about going to school, and also going to another MOS class in the army. It would broaden her prospects when she goes active as an officer after college. It’s only six weeks, but it’s in Sacramento. Out of the cold and onto the beach, it must be nice. But, she also did something this week that helped my youngest daughter. The two of them brought one of their friends down to the recruiting office and began the process to get her signed up for the air force. We had checked out the air force when my eldest was looking at a military career. The recruiter began explaining the benefits and opportunities and it lit a fire under my youngest. She had heard it before and was excited about going in when she graduated, but over her school year, she had lost interest. Now that she had a refresher, she became excited about it again. She asked me to take her to the recruiter the next day to get the process started for her. We did, after a long talk to make sure that was really what she wanted to do. She was a little disappointed when she found out that there are some things she has to do before they’ll sign her up. But, she’s still excited about it. Since she doesn’t graduate until May, we have plenty of time to work on the requirements. Hopefully, we’ll get it done. Can you believe it? I might have two kids following in my footsteps. Now, all I have to do is get my son to join and that will be everyone.
My granddaughter is still freaked out by people in costumes. The kids tried taking her to sit on Santa’s lap. They got the picture, but she was crying. Then, one of her cousins had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. She likes going, but the whole way up she makes sure to tell everyone to make sure that Chucky doesn’t come over near her. She’ll have a birthday on January 1st. My wife wants to have it at Chuck E Cheese, but the baby flatly refuses. She’ll be four on the first, maybe next year she won’t be as afraid of costumes.
The kids might be working on a new baby. They’ve been talking about it for a while now. (Personally, I hope they hurry up, but my vote doesn’t count. I want a bunch of grandchildren.) I hope they decide soon. I think it is better to have the kids close to the same age. I think big gapes prevents them from being as close. When they are young and going through the same things, I think they can relate more. But, that’s just my opinion.
I’ve slacked off on the River of Magic last week. But, I expect to pick it back up this week. It’s coming along really nicely. I just need to get past these lazy days that just jump out at me. It might be the holiday season, but I thought of a really good Christmas book. That might have been part of the reason I’ve been slacking off. I was going to work on Gremlin Planet after I finished River of Magic, but I think I might squeeze the Christmas one in first. I’ll have to give it a few pages too really make the decision though.
Well, I guess I better get to work. I’m putting Chicago, Quiet Riot, Motley Crew, Prince, and Rush into the playlist for background music tonight. I’ll see you next week.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment