Monday, December 12, 2011

Dec 12

http://www.thomnichols.com/
Well, it’s another Monday. The last week went by pretty quickly. Not a lot happened except for me being stuck at work. I had to work both days of the weekend and it looks like I might have to work next weekend too. At least that will give me some extra Christmas money and then some Christmas recovery money.

Speaking of Christmas, I’ve only bought a few things so far. (I’ve been working so much that I haven’t had time) It’s still too early for me to go really Christmas shopping. Right now, my wife wants to go with me. We’ll get the presents we planned on getting. But, when it gets closer to Christmas, I’ll do my real Christmas shopping. That’s the fun part. I’ll sneak around and buy everyone an extra little something. I won’t put in here what I’m planning because someone might read it. But, after Christmas I’ll let you know what I did.
My daughter is coming home from the army on Thursday. She was supposed to get here on Wednesday, but now it’s going to be day later. That’s ok, it’s just a day. She’s planning on taking December off and then she’ll start work and college. She has mentioned a little concern that she didn’t really want to get into over the phone. It might be because she has already made arrangements with my son to move into his place when she gets back. He got a bigger apartment so that she will have a room. The problem with that is that she has an opportunity to go to West Point. Can you believe it? A kid of mine going to West Point, I can barely believe it. But, that’s on the other side of the United States. If she takes it, she can’t fulfill her responsibility to my son. Or, she might not want to give up the money she’s making as a soldier. If she begins school and takes a meaningless job, she won’t have a lot of free time and not as much money as she has had for the last six months. So, she might want to go right into active duty. Or, she just might want to take some time off from everything. But, she does have responsibilities so, that would be even more difficult. I am just speculating, so I guess we’ll find out when she gets here. I am sure that she’ll make the decision that is right for her. She’s a smart kid. (Or I should say a smart woman now)
Everyone has been sick over the last week or so. (Everyone except me, he he he) I shouldn’t have said that, because now I’ll get sick. My granddaughter and daughter came with me to go visit my mom last Monday. They ended up sleeping in her bed and got her sick. But, it looks like everyone is recovering from it nicely. Hopefully, no one will be sick on Christmas.
We bought a little tree to fit in our little apartment. We got some lights and decorations, but we haven’t put them up yet. I think we’re going to get that done tomorrow. Then it will really start looking like Christmas. Whenever I drive around, I see all kinds of houses decorated and one of these days one of them is going to me mine. I plan on having all kinds of lights and an inflatable Frosty and Santa Claus out in the yard.
It’s football time. The Broncos did it again. We beat the Bears. That makes it six in a row. We’re like 8-5 now. We went from last place in our division to first and when we beat the Patriots next week, we’ll clinch our spot in the playoffs. This was a very weird season and the only bad thing I can say about it is that it is almost over. It seems like it just started, but we only have three more games left in the regular season. After the Pats, we have the Bills and then KC. I hope Tebow and the team can take us deep into the playoffs if not all the way. The only good thing about the football season being nearly over is that baseball is right around the corner.
Well, I better get to work. I’m nearly done with the River of Magic. But, (Bad News) I won’t have it ready before Christmas. So, that means that I’m not going to hand out copies of it and my last book for Christmas presents. It’s my own fault. I took about six months or so off from writing anything. This year coming up will be a good one, or a better one. By next Christmas, I should have three or four books to give away as presents.
That means that it is time to get busy. Don’t tell anyone, but I’m going to put a bunch of disco music on tonight for background reading. Shhhh.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment