Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12

As always, visit my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/
It was a long week. We had one person quit and another get fired, so I had to work all weekend. But, I can use the overtime so I’m not complaining too much.

There was some good news today. My nephew came home from school with a flier for $2.00 tickets for a Rockies game on Sat the 14th of April. His school always has them available at the beginning of the season and I have a lot of nieces and nephews that go to that school. So, we usually take advantage of it and get as many tickets as we can. The seats are up in the nosebleed section, but they’re not that bad.
Speaking of the Rockies, they’re going to start televising the games starting on this Saturday. So, they better get some people in to fill the open shifts for the guys that aren’t here anymore. I’ve been waiting for months for baseball to start and I want to see them in action. We played San Diego today and spanked them 11-2. We have a bunch of new players and I can’t wait to see what they can do. It’s going to be a good year.
Not a whole lot happened this week. My eldest daughter is still looking for a job. She’s seriously considering going active duty. I would prefer her to stay a reservist and go to school, but she can always go to college while she is in or later. I just don’t want her to lose the opportunity. But, she is getting pictures and messages from her friends that are active and they are in Hawaii and Germany and places like that. Having her see the world would be just as good as going to school.
My youngest daughter flubbed up her work schedule over the weekend. She thought she was supposed to go in at 6, but was supposed to be there at 11. She didn’t tell me if she got in trouble or not. So, if she did, it couldn’t have been too bad. She still loves her job and even got some of her friends hired. Now, she likes it even better. And, best of all, she might be able to get me one of those Avenger’s posters when the movie comes out. That will be cool.
My son and daughter in-law bought some new furniture. They picked out a nice dresser for their room and a small dresser and mirror for the baby’s room. I think they used their income tax return, but I’m not sure. I would use mine for something, but I’m not getting anything. We’re planning on playing around with it, maybe trying married and filing separately or something like that. But, I don’t have any high hopes. We only owe 24 dollars, so I should be glad it’s not more and just pay it. Maybe this weekend, we’ll see.
My granddaughter went to the zoo over the weekend. She went with one of her friends and the little girl’s father. My wife was all weepy dropping her off. The father isn’t a stranger, we’ve seen him before and we might have talked to him. But, it’s still a little disconcerting dropping her off with someone that isn’t family. But, she ran to her little friend and they went inside holding hands and playing. So, she had fun.
My wife and the girls went to see that Navy Seals movie. They said it was good. I hope so, because I’m going to drag her back to see it, because I want to see it. That is, as long as I get a day off fairly soon. There are a bunch of movies I want to go see. I might have to talk my wife into sneaking into another one after we see the Navy Seals one. I used to be able to talk her into it when the kids were younger. She always got nervous, but do you know how expensive it is to take a family of five (Sometimes plus one) to the movies. If the entrance doesn’t break you, the concessions will.
My brother took me to his used book store today. It wasn’t too bad. He has a credit there of nearly two hundred dollars. He can use it against half of the purchase and since the books are only three or four dollars, I got four books and it only cost me eight bucks. Not too shabby. They were in really good condition too. I found a new series by a favorite author that I didn’t even know about and the first in a series of three where the third one isn’t even written yet. I go through about a book a week, so I might have to give that book store another look pretty soon.
River of Magic is finally printed and turned in to my editor. Hopefully there won’t be too many corrections and I’ll be able to get it out to agents next week. I’m going to make a much greater effort this time. Hopefully it will work out. Until then, I’ve started on Gremlin Planet and that one is turning out to be pretty fun. I’ll work a little bit on it tonight. But, it’s Monday and Mondays aren’t very good days for doing anything. We’ll see how it goes. I’m putting Aerosmith, Cinderella, and Slaughter in the playlist for background music and I better get started. See you next week.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment