Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mar 20

Like always, visit my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/
Let’s start off with the best new. Yes, you guessed it. Payton Manning is officially a Bronco. That means that we have already won the division and made the playoffs this coming up season. We still have to find out what Tebow’s fate is. Personally, I would like to see him stay with the team. He’s only in his third season and he isn’t making that much money NFLwise that is. He could learn to be a much better quarterback under Payton and then when Manning retires, he could step right in. I know he probably doesn’t want to sit on a bench and be a backup quarterback for that long, but he took us to the playoffs and we need a strong second stringer just in case.

I’m listening to the Rockies right now. We were spanking the Padres until the fifth inning. They made five runs and now in the sixth we’re losing by two, 8-6. But, there is still plenty of baseball left to play tonight. I still haven’t been able to see an entire game this preseason. But, now that they are closing in on the end of the month, they’ll televise more and more of them. We got tickets for the April 14th game from my nephew’s school. We’re taking everyone that wanted to go from both sides of the family. But, right after we paid for the tickets, one of my buddies called saying that he had a chance of getting four first level tickets for that same game. If they weren’t family, I would have ditched everyone for the good tickets, but we had to invite family. Oh well, it will be a good game. The boys are playing the Diamondbacks. I have been trying to keep up with the new guys. A lot of them look really good. I can’t wait until opening day.
My daughter got us tickets to the movies over the weekend. It’s nice to have someone working at a theater. We saw Safe House with Denzel Washington. It was action packed and pretty good, but the ending was very predictable. Watching the previews, I found that there are quite a few good movies coming up. One in particular was worth mentioning. It was the fourth installment of the Bourne Identity. I love those movies and I’ve wanted to read the books for some time, but I just haven’t been able to squeeze them in on my reading list yet. But, the thing worth mentioning in this movie was the fact that Jason Bourne, the character the movies are named after, isn’t even in the movie. I’m sure he was in the books, but they had some other guy who was supposed to have gone through the same program Bourne went through as the main character. I don’t think it’s going to be as good as the first three, but we’ll see. It still looked good.
The kids all went to the Children’s Museum today only to discover that it was closed. So, they went to Chuck E. Cheese instead. The wife and I weren’t invited, so we didn’t go. Now, the girls are going to the movies tonight and even though I’m at work and couldn’t go, they didn’t invite my wife. I think something must be going on. They’re fazing us out or something.
It looks like the boss is looking to fire someone. He’s been grumpy and abrasive to everyone over the last few days. That’s a sure sign that he’s looking to make a change. I haven’t been on the receiving end of the abuse, but the graveyard shift has been mentioned a few times. There are a couple of the guys that have taken the brunt of it and if I were them, I would keep my head down. I don’t think the boss really cares who he’s going to get rid of as long as he gets to fire someone. That means that there is going to be more overtime coming up.
I’m taking the day off today. I just don’t feel like doing anything today. Maybe I’ll put together an online puzzle or something. But, tomorrow, it will be back to work. I’m re-reading Nymph Planet because I lost my list of important stuff for that book. I remember cutting that book down to try getting it under 100,000 words. But, now that I’m rereading it, I really don’t like it. I might go back through it and put it back to the way it is supposed to be. But, I’ll do that after Gremlin Planet. So, I’ll see you again next week. I’m not putting anything into the playlist tonight or at least right now, because the game is still on. So, until next week,
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment