Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb 20

As always, check out my website at: http://www.thomnichols.com/
Wow, I’m not sure what I ate today, but you can all be glad that you’re not here with me tonight. (I said that holding my nose) It’s Monday night again and time for my blog entry. Not a whole lot has happened this week. This is always a desperate time of the year, football is over and baseball hasn’t started yet. But, we’re muddling through.

My wife is back to a normal schedule this week. And that means that since my daughter doesn’t work tonight, she got off at six, I get to use my car. Woo hoo!!! Speaking of cars, it looks like my son is going to buy his first car tomorrow. The kids went down to the dealership today to see what they could get. I’m not going to tell you the make or model, because that kind of stuff doesn’t stick with me. They could have stenciled it into my forehead and I still wouldn’t know ten minutes after we left. But, it’s a $13,000 car and their payments will only be about $230 a month. They think they can swing that along with all of their other bills, so we’re going to go down and co-sign for them tomorrow.
I managed to finagle the taxes we owe down from $600 to $24. I’m happy about that. But, we’re going to have to do something for next year. I’m sure my youngest daughter is going to work all year, so she’ll do her own taxes and we won’t get anything from her. We’re still thinking about getting a house. Hopefully that will give us a nice credit and we’ll adjust our W4 forms pretty soon. We keep saying we need to do that, but neither of us have spoken to our HR people yet. I’m blaming mine on me working nights and sleeping during the days. Even though I haven’t called yet, I’m going to go with them being closed every day after I wake up.
It snowed again. It wasn’t much, but it was enough for me to have to shovel.
My youngest daughter took us all out to the movies yesterday. They all went to see the Vow. It’s a girl movie that I was really looking forward to missing. So, while they went to it, I went to see Chronicle. It was pretty good. My movie got out before theirs and I had to wait for over a half hour for them to come out. But, it was ok. All of the movie employees gave me quite a few dirty looks as I stood there next to the counter. No one came to try kicking me out or anything, but they kept a good eye on me.
My wife rented some DVDs from the Red Box today. When she brought them home, she popped them into the Wii only to find out that the Wii won’t play them. We had given our DVD player to my eldest daughter about a month ago, so now it looks like she’s going to have to play her movies on her computer. She doesn’t like that.
I’m still in the re-read portion of the River of Magic. I doubt if I’ll get it finished this week, because I’m a slow reader. But, it should be ready next week. I’ll keep you posted. For now, I better get to it. I’m putting in Zeppelin, Floyd, and the Eagles in the playlist tonight for background music. Talk to you next week.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment