Monday, January 9, 2012

Jan 9

Don't forget to visit my website. http://www.thomnichols.com/
How can we start with anything else besides the Bronco game? It was our first playoff game in like six years. My wife got me and my son tickets. They were on the fifth level, but we could see the field better than the first level tickets we had earlier in the year. I think I would still rather sit on the first level, because then we could see the players and the cheerleaders up close. But, that doesn’t matter at the moment. We trudged up to the top of the stadium and of course the most obnoxious Steelers fan sat right behind us. What made matters worse was that they got two early field goals and we went three and out. I’d never wanted to turn around and choke someone so badly. But, I controlled myself and the Bronco’s got motivated. We pulled down a couple of interceptions and made a few touchdowns. It greatly shut up the butt-head behind us, but nothing could stop that mouth completely. We went up 20-3 before they started coming back in the second half. I have to admit, I was getting a little worried when they tied us. We got the ball and then went three and out again, giving them over a minute with the ball. But, nothing bad happened and we went into overtime. It took the ref longer to explain the new overtime rules than it took to play. We got the ball and on Tebow’s first play, we scored a touchdown. It was beautiful. For some reason, the guy behind us didn’t have anything to say.

My son and I went to the game. It was nice spending time with him. We don’t seem to get the chance very often during the week. Last time, we had about three beers during the game. We managed to double that this time. I’m not a drinker, but I tried to keep up. Needless to say I was swimming by halftime. But, when the beer guy came up I managed to order only one instead of two without my son noticing. I gave him the new one and I pretended that the one I was nursing was also new. We got our picture taken again. I hope it turns out as good as the last one. I still haven’t bought the last one. I better get it soon. I don’t know how long they keep them. But, I’ll post it when I get it.
I can barely talk today. My voice is so horse from screaming at the game yesterday. Everyone thinks I’m sick because I sound bad. But, it’s starting to get better. It happened last time I went to the game and I’m sure it will happen to me the next time. Baseball season is right around the corner so when I go to those games, I don’t shout as much. (I can hardly wait.)
My brother quit his job this week. He is like the most loyal employee I know. He puts in extra hours when he doesn’t have to and always goes above and beyond. But, if they push him too hard, he doesn’t just stand there and take it. He got a new boss about a year or so ago and she’s one of those people that choose one person to belittle all the time. For some reason she latched onto my brother. He was the ranking district manager at Burger King. He put up with it for a long time, but I guess it went a little too far. He put his notice in over Christmas without telling anyone. So, he took the New Years week off and is starting to look for a new job this week. He’s very good at what he does, so I’m not worried.
My daughter had her first weekend in the army reserves this last weekend. She’s not used to getting up in the morning anymore and she had to be there at 6:30. So, she and my wife picked me up after work at 6 and we took her down there. She slept in the car the whole way. When we picked her up afterwards, she said that she didn’t do anything the whole time. They didn’t have anything for her MOS to work on, so she just sat there and helped out whenever she could. They did talk to her about starting up college very soon and going to another MOS training for supply. I think she is going to do that. It is only a month long and it will keep her busy until she starts school. When she does start school, she’ll be in the ROTC and she’ll be active again. So, we’re probably going to wait until then to help her get a car. She needs one now, but I want to make sure that she has a steady income before she takes on car payments and insurance. My other daughter needs a car too. But, we’re going to have to get that one as our second car and let her drive it. She works at the theater and can make the payments, but we’ll probably go halfzies on one with her, but that will be a used car and not a new one so that we can pay it off quickly then use it as a down payment for a new car. We’ll see. But, back to the army reserve, it is supposed to be two days but she only had to do the Saturday. It was probably because they didn’t have anything for her to do, but she was happy.
Well, I guess that’s about enough for today. I’m still working on the River of Magic. It’s turning out to be a little longer than I expected, but I’m still predicting an end of January finish. So, I better get started so I can hit that mark. I’m putting Deep Purple, Dokken, Ratt, and Kick Axe in the playlist for background music today. It’s a Monday, so I need something to keep me awake.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment